Thread: Android Phone Backup Options?

Site Supporter

Android Phone Backup Options?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 that I need to back up. I'd like to back up everything - contacts, messages, photos, apps, etc. I've been searching around and frankly haven't had much luck finding any solution that is consistently well-reviewed, so I'm looking for recommendations. I would like to have the option of backing it up to my PC and the cloud both. I don't mind paying if it's worth it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 that I need to back up. I'd like to back up everything - contacts, messages, photos, apps, etc. I've been searching around and frankly haven't had much luck finding any solution that is consistently well-reviewed, so I'm looking for recommendations. I would like to have the option of backing it up to my PC and the cloud both. I don't mind paying if it's worth it. Thanks.
    I use Google Drive, also known as My Drive. But I don't trust The Cloud too much and save most of my stuff on an external hard drive (4 terabyte for $84 https://amzn.to/2HYg8ke), with that you can save your entire life

Site Supporter
    Great. Thank you.

Perhaps a big Micro SD card in the phone?

Site Supporter
    Thanks. This particular phone is an S-8 active, water-proofed, etc. I'm not sure that's an option for it. I bought an app called coolmuster. $35 for a lifetime subscription. It backs the phone up to the pc. It seems to work fairly well, is easy to navigate and has a restore function if I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks. This particular phone is an S-8 active, water-proofed, etc. I'm not sure that's an option for it.
    I have the same phone, the SD card is in the same slot as the SIM card. I have a 64gb card in mine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Huh. That's helpful. Thanks. I ASSumed because it's waterproof, etc., that none of that is accessible. I'll look into how to change it up. I appreciate it.

If you keep all of your photos and such on the SD card in the event your phone wouldn't boot up you could pull the card and as long as it wasn't physically destroyed you could stick it in another device.

Happy to help.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List