Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest John Wick training video...

Latest John Wick training video...

Didn't see it posted elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/F-WyWK8ypdg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Looks like they are playing with an operational but "empty" rifle with no special markings or chamber flag. That's how people get shot by "accident". It also trains poor safety procedure. Thumbs down.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-10-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Looks like they are playing with an operational but "empty" rifle with no special markings or chamber flag. That's how people get shot by "accident". It also trains poor safety procedure. Thumbs down.
    At least Keanu said that he was not comfortable with pointing that gun at the instructor.

But yeah, I wasn't impressed. The entry technique may be solid, but somebody's going to have a manslaughter beef someday.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Dude was a SEAL, which reinforces the point that one's background doesn't preclude them from doing unnecessarily careless shit.

I know a guy who took a class from Shawn Ryan and has nothing but good things to say about him but I wasn't impressed with that part. Kudos to Keanu's reaction though.

Site Supporter
    Rubber duck blue rifle or shotgun costs less than $200. When I was teaching a firearm safety class in a high school, I had one of each and some handguns as well.

I practice room clearing at home with a rubber duck pistol, not a live gun.

That said, I learned from what he said, in spite of the real gun with the bolt carrier removed. Guy on the screen isn’t hurting me.
    Last edited by Duelist; 04-10-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    In the video he does say that the bolt carrier has been removed so it's a bit less egregious than it appears on a video. Still gives me the heebejees (and Keanu as well).

I missed the part where the BCG was removed. It looked like the charging handle was still in? People don't have X-ray vision to see that the BCG isn't in the gun. And doing the training on a shooting range where people could enter with live guns makes it so much more risky. It's simply irresponsible to post this video without making it obvious that it's a safe gun.

Coincidentally, last night in my training group, we were working on active shooter disarms using an AR with no BCG or CH. However, it was in a closed room, where no other people could enter. No video, no open windows, no observers. There were just three of us, and each had personally inspected the gun. It's serious business training with real guns, and the benefit needs to outweigh the risks.

Ok. I just watched it again. Those assclowns have mags with live ammo on their belts. Combing live and "safe" weapons is complete retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Rubber duck blue rifle or shotgun costs less than $200. When I was teaching a firearm safety class in a high school, I had one of each and some handguns as well.

I practice room clearing at home with a rubber duck pistol, not a live gun.

That said, I learned from what he said, in spite of the real gun with the bolt carrier removed. Guy on the screen isn’t hurting me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesting Devil View Post
    In the video he does say that the bolt carrier has been removed so it's a bit less egregious than it appears on a video. Still gives me the heebejees (and Keanu as well).
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-10-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I must have also missed the removed BCG part. Regardless I agree with everything Cluster just said.

Site Supporter
    BFA's (Blank firing adapters) are a cheap and obvious fix if one needs to use live rifles in an inert state for training purposes. At least as far as AR and AK variants are concerned using typical muzzle threads and A2-ish muzzle devices. For introductory/basic classes yes we need BFA's and chamber flags etc if we don't have blue guns. Blue guns are definitely best for newbies.

Honestly, though, so long as everything is shown clear to the students/instructors and there's no confusion about the scenario, it's not that big of a deal. Getting upset about people not showing clear to the camera is borderline safety virtue signalling IMHO.
    I'm perhaps a bit jaded and grumpy about it, because people getting overly uppity about safety is literally fucking ruining the entire US Army. There needs to be a transition point in training where the cuddly bumpers and training wheels come off and it's time to play by big kid rules because advanced firearms training for force-on-force scenarios etc is a big kid game.
    Being overly reliant on institutional safety measures is where most Soldiers get complacent and the fundamental goal and expectation should be zero complacency.

Regardless of the situation, it's up to students and instructors actually on-site to voice their concerns for a given scenario - which Keanu did.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Regardless of the situation, it's up to students and instructors actually on-site to voice their concerns for a given scenario - which Keanu did.
    I like the cut of his jib.

User Tag List