Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Run your Gun Standards

Tried it with 92A1 out of SLS and G45 out of ALS (Man, ALS is soooo much better!) Shot cold, no warmup. 15 and 20yd strings kicked my ass both times. Used time poorly on those strings both times. I shoot enough 25 that those were probably the easiest strings for me. Looks like I need to work some 15 and 20yd stuff with time pressure:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I took a run at this this afternoon, and failed at the 15 and 20 yard line-shooting way too fast.
    I like this for the distances((particularly the 20&25), and will work on it some more.
    Thanks for putting it out there.

I ran through this twice this afternoon on a lit indoor range. My current “duty” setup, a GLOCK Model45, out of a Level 3 rig. Fails both times, but improvement noted. No run was over time, and none over 10 seconds. So, obviously time management is an issue-need to use it all.
    On the first run, a total of 6 out at 20 and 25 yards(in outside ring). Second run, only 3 out(to include one a touch high at 10-!); rounds be each at 20 and 25 yards.
    Intrigued with this drill for timing and the basics.
    Will certainly try to give it a go again...

I’m liking this exercise/drill/test. Ran it this afternoon, with a G45 out of a Level 3 holster, GLOCK “BOLD” sights dialed in with 115 gr.ball ammo. Sights dialed in, shooter a tad off: every run, one out(usually high. Only used time well at 20
    &25 yards.
    So, a fail by the stated standards, but instructive and a good exercise. This will be shot frequently-thanks again for putting it out.

Still liking and still failing this drill. After the suppressed suckfest with the G45 I decided to run this. Dropped 5 rds total and did not use time well at all:

Shot again with the Beretta and trying to shoot "X's" and keep it clean. I think my issues here were sight picture related. I realized afterward that I was tracking my sights to break the shot as they cleared the the top of the black dot rather than waiting for the center, which is where these sights hit:

Food Court Apprentice

Dangit, I almost had it and pulled one out high at 25yds!

Food Court Apprentice

User Tag List