Thread: RFI: IWB Kydex holster for Beretta Vertec (aka 92A1)

RFI: IWB Kydex holster for Beretta Vertec (aka 92A1)

Good evening,

I have a wonderful Beretta Vertec, and am trying to find a quality Kydex right-hand IWB holster. I'll be carrying it at 3:30, and would prefer a minimal to zero cant, due to orthopedic issues.

None of my favorite folk make such a beast. Beretta makes a nice leather one, but re-holstering is usually a challenge with moodex. Hence the search for Kydex.

Any recommendations? Thanks very much.

Site Supporter
    JM Custom not an option? I thought the IWB3 was available in zero cant.

BTW, a Vertec would be equivalent to an M9A1 (or M9A3 or Elite LTT) for holster fit. The rail on the 92A1 is larger. M9A1 will fit into a 92A1 holster, but not the other way around.

ETA: Unless you're talking about one of the new Wilson Combat Vertec Brig Tacs...which is going to need the holster formed for the thicker Brig slide.
    Last edited by Dave J; 02-11-2019 at 12:56 AM.

Well made leather doesn't collapse or even close in a little when the pistol is drawn. You might want to call Tim Thurner and ask what makes him say that his AIWB reinforced scabbard doesn't work for side carry. Nothing I see about the design (other than maybe the "slight reverse rake") seems to indicate it won't work for 3 - 4 o'clock. And if that's what it is, ask if he will make it with the inclination you want, as he makes a very similar holster with 20 deg of cant for strong side wear.

https://www.mcssl.com/store/a9856d0d...d5c181e84171e1

His gun list is pretty disorganized but I found the 92A1 in the list, if that would work.

I have one of his reinforced IWB holsters (the convertible) for a P-01 and reholstering is just as easy as kydex. The mouth is reinforced with a steel band overlaid with leather.

Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac used to be a "go to" for all the odd holsters, but they've cut back on what guns they offer holsters for, and it looks like neither offer IWB for the Vertec (or any railed M9/92).

"Nature's kydex", horsehide, Kramer shows the Vertec on their list. https://www.kramerleather.com/collec...-vertec-w-rail

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Good evening,

I have a wonderful Beretta Vertec, and am trying to find a quality Kydex right-hand IWB holster. I'll be carrying it at 3:30, and would prefer a minimal to zero cant, due to orthopedic issues.

None of my favorite folk make such a beast. Beretta makes a nice leather one, but re-holstering is usually a challenge with moodex. Hence the search for Kydex.

Any recommendations? Thanks very much.
    SeriousStudent, we make that. Out IWB3 will fit the bill.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    SeriousStudent, we make that. Our IWB3 will fit the bill.

Thanks
    (Smacks forehead) Sheesh, I completely blanked out on you guys. That will be a great fit for what I need.

You'll have an order inbound tonight. Thanks very much!

And thanks for the rest of you gents for the advice, it's much appreciated. I'll probably order a purty leather OWB Kramer rig as well.

Check Langdon Tactical...he stocks JMCK, Keepers Concealment, and Milt Sparks holsters for the Beretta.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List