Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best-of AR-15 rails / What is Wedge Lock and why do I need it?

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    He can confirm the Hodge attachment method as superior to all else in its class.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    He can confirm the Hodge attachment method as superior to all else in its class.
    He's a buddy of mine in real life, very logical and informed guy with an impressive resume.
    #RESIST

He's a buddy of mine in real life, very logical and informed guy with an impressive resume.
    Agreed.

Thanks to you and Unobtanium!

Jesus, I really need to pay attention to this forum more! Interrogative - can I have my username changed?

@ssb - You made a good choice. The fellas at SOLGW do it right, and you picked a really good barrel length. I am unaware what the port is set to in their upper - anyone happen to know?

Anyways, yes, a 12.5" barrel with a SF mini is a BALLER good setup. Just long enough to really take advantage of 5.56 velocity gain, enough dwell time to function in a wide range of temperatures/altitudes with a wider range of loads, same OAL as a Mk18 or other 10" 5.56 while suppressed, enough barrel and suppressor to keep muzzle flash down, far closer to hearing safe than a 10" gun, slower carrier speeds.... for a full time suppressed gun it makes a whole lot of sense.

The Wedge system is extremely strong mechanically, and combined with that barrel nut yields excellent rigidity. I do not know if the 7075-T6 variant of that rail is provided yet or not, of which I have a preference for, but you should be fine with that rail. You may see a touch more deflection under load if using a VIS/IR laser, but it will still be better than many of it's competitors.

Myself, I am holding out for the third installment of the HDSI rail series, and using it on a 14.5" GP gun and pushing my current P-LOK rail over to a 16" Recce rifle for the time being.

These days no longer will state if a system is 'the best' until I see every system and test it empirically (unlikely). That and it's hard to say when different guns are built for different missions or uses.

C1-2DG
    S/F

Quote Originally Posted by GS5414 View Post
    T Interrogative - can I have my username changed?
    You sure can. Drop a request in this thread .
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Sorry for the necropost.

Any news on the next line of HDSI rails? ETA, pics, anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Sorry for the necropost.

Any news on the next line of HDSI rails? ETA, pics, anything like that?
    Missed this! Photos, none available. The new line of rails, designated S-LOK (for Spine Lock), are on time for early 2020. They needed a small production tweak (better to make a tweak on the front end for more efficient long term production), and it will pay off in the long haul.

Myself, I will likely default to these as a good balance between the Wedgelock and P-LOK.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by C1-2DG View Post
    Missed this! Photos, none available. The new line of rails, designated S-LOK (for Spine Lock), are on time for early 2020. They needed a small production tweak (better to make a tweak on the front end for more efficient long term production), and it will pay off in the long haul.

Myself, I will likely default to these as a good balance between the Wedgelock and P-LOK.

S/F
    Thanks for responding even though I totally forgot to tag you.

S-Lok sounds pretty sweet. I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Thanks for responding even though I totally forgot to tag you.

S-Lok sounds pretty sweet. I look forward to it.
    S is awesome. PLock attachment method, with a slightly larger diameter but Wedge profile. It opens up accessory mounting options a bit due to larger OD/ID, and makes hot swapping rails easier via Plock attachment method. It is compatible with all other Hodge rail uppers as it uses the same barrel nut as Wedge and P. Has antirotation tabs as well as pin.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 12-17-2019 at 08:23 PM.

User Tag List