Thread: Old-style P220 trigger in a P6?

Site Supporter

Old-style P220 trigger in a P6?

Anyone know if the older P220/p245 triggers (8mm width) would fit in a P6? They look very similar, based on a comparison photo I saw on posted on the sig forums.

I found an original short reach trigger for my P245, and it actually kinda pinched my finger. Weird. So I put the original back in. And now I’ve got this P6 which could really use a short reach trigger... figured I’d ask before I go taking my gun apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Anyone know if the older P220/p245 triggers (8mm width) would fit in a P6? They look very similar, based on a comparison photo I saw on posted on the sig forums.

I found an original short reach trigger for my P245, and it actually kinda pinched my finger. Weird. So I put the original back in. And now I’ve got this P6 which could really use a short reach trigger... figured I’d ask before I go taking my gun apart.
    My suggestion would be just to call SIG themselves, or perhaps Bruce Gray for an answer.

Best, Jon

A quick peek at TJ Custom’s site indicated that the P6 and P220 do not share triggers.

Look at tjcustomgunworks dot com. (I am not affiliated, in any way. I have used TJ Custom triggers in P229 pistols.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-10-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, guys.

Yeah, TJ sells P225/P6 triggers for, like, $125 on ebay. I had planned to buy one eventually.

Here's the image I mentioned...

Name:  ec5e36dffde9b11bf17d50c73e7c4d43.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  21.5 KB

The old-style P220 and P225 triggers look very close. Curiosity and boredom may the better of me.

I have a brand new SIG short reach trigger for the 225 in my parts box. PM me If you’re interested.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I have a newer (short external extractor) P220 that has a short reach trigger in it. I'd like to trade someone for a standard reach P220/6/8/9 trigger. PM me if you're interested.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the offers, guys.

Well, I tried it... negative on fit.

The holes and the width/depth actually match perfectly--I thought it was for sure going to fit. But the trigger blade is too long/tall--it hits the bottom of the trigger guard.

I had a hell of time getting the locking block back in the P6, too. Much more difficult, for whatever reason, than my 226 and 245. In any case... I guess I'll need the real deal if I want a short trigger in my P6.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    The holes and the width/depth actually match perfectly--I thought it was for sure going to fit. But the trigger blade is too long/tall--it hits the bottom of the trigger guard.
    Do you not have a belt sander? Or grinding wheel? Or even a Dremel?
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I have a newer (short external extractor) P220 that has a short reach trigger in it. I'd like to trade someone for a standard reach P220/6/8/9 trigger. PM me if you're interested.
    Found one. Thanks, P-F people!
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Do you not have a belt sander? Or grinding wheel? Or even a Dremel?
    I actually found a short P225 trigger as well. So I'm pretty much set in the short trigger department.

User Tag List