Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA vs SFA vs ... -- 2019 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Yes
    The one thing I have been looking a lot at recently is after market triggers in AR and how that effects drop safe.. reminded me of your tolerances thread. good reminder for sure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisin Gioro View Post
    "Zero energy" is a very good point. Look at what happens when a striker gun goes bad:
    (the video of testing is very disturbing...I think I have a few more grey hairs just from watching it):

https://foxbaltimore.com/features/op...police-weapons

It's not an indictment of all SFA pistols but, really, this should not be happening.
    Yeah...that video...wow...that is arguably worse than the 320. That issue alone is the primary driver for me to switch to hammer fired and DA/SA.

Thanks for posting that.

Everyone makes their choice, pulls their trigger, and hopes they don’t shoots their wee wee off.

Honestly nothing stated in this entire thread is statistically signifigant in anyway. For every balance of AD safety vs mechanical failure vs ability to hit a target when your life is on a line there is a compromise (well unles its an HK...)

Stocks or bonds? Market go up or market go down?

10lb DAO less risk to shoot my wee wee off, more risk I miss under pressure when I need it
    DA/SA less AD risk in theory if you mess up with your trigger finger, more risk of AD if you forget to decock

Ain’t no free lunch, bad trigger systems don’t exist anymore and neither do perfect ones.

16 pages in the thread is interesting but it basically all verbal masterbation because we all know: get a kit, train with it, and master it. Everything else is just the internet BS

I can see the benefit of the simplicity of SFA for police units......Occam’s razor and all.
    Last edited by Amurr; 02-12-2019 at 09:46 PM.

OMG... We're still talking bout this?

Dudes... go to the fridge, grab a beer and celebrate that you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want in this country...

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    10lb DAO less risk to shoot my wee wee off, more risk I miss under pressure when I need it
    DA/SA less AD risk in theory if you mess up with your trigger finger, more risk of AD if you forget to decock
    Would a holstered stock 92FS with hammer cocked be at anymore risk than a P320?

"Zero energy" is a very good point. Look at what happens when a striker gun goes bad:
    (the video of testing is very disturbing...I think I have a few more grey hairs just from watching it):

It's not an indictment of all SFA pistols but, really, this should not be happening.
    Std issue FNS trigger Also provides improved non-lethal suspect compliance
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-13-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    OMG... We're still talking bout this?

Dudes... go to the fridge, grab a beer and celebrate that you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want in this country...
    I mean, seriously. I’ve pretty much checked out at this point. It’s not like we don’t have 15 other threads debating all the same crap already or anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Would a holstered stock 92FS with hammer cocked be at anymore risk than a P320?
    Ok, so I’m not picking on you directly, but this is the kind of “splitting hairs” minutiae that kind of irritates me.

In the context of how you ask the question, technically a little more at risk, because a stock 92FS in SA has a shorter and lighter trigger than a stock P320.

Here’s where it makes my brain hurt. IF you’re holstering correctly, like you should be, then it’s not going to matter because you’ve done the following:

1.) Made sure the holster was clear before putting the gun in it.

2.) Make sure nothing is in the trigger guard before the gun goes in the holster.

3.) If you’re holstering the 92FS PROPERLY, you would have put your thumb on the hammer to ride it into the holster.

4.) If you’re holstering the 92FS PROPERLY, and you’re thumbing the hammer like you should, AND it was in SA, you would have felt the hammer be not in the correct position, stopped, decocked the gun, then thumb the hammer again, and then holster safely.

If you’re holstering a cocked 92FS, you’ve already screwed up on so many levels that it doesn’t matter what you’re holstering at that point. You’ve either brain farted so hard that you’ve basically brain sharted or you shouldn’t have been reholstering in the first place.

It’s not a hardware issue if you’re not consciously and deliberately holstering the gun safely. A SFA gun may SIMPLIFY the reholstering process, but it doesn’t negate doing the process correctly. A TDA gun may add layers of safety when used properly, but it doesn’t negate doing the process correctly.

So it doesn’t matter what you carry so long as you’re reholstering correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Std issue FNS trigger Also provides improved non-lethal suspect compliance
    Ha! Ask for "hammer-fired" sidearms, get "hammer-fired" sidearms.

Is the video in the link?

I don't see it

User Tag List