Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I stand athwart gun history, yelling stop! Enjoying my CZ P01

Site Supporter
    Hi Greg, many of us know you. Please add to our J frame talk.

Although Mec Gar is said to make CZ mags, in recent years I have bought factory new CZ's that had original factory mags. They are not as nicely made as M mags. If you have not changed out the trigger return spring, consider doing so with another brand. I've had chronic failures with the factory version. I break in these pistols with Federal +p+ and then switch to more sensible ammo.

I love my p01, but it seems to be hitting a bit high after installing the CGW Dawson sights (same as you have). I forced the rear sights on with a pusher, almost broke the pusher. Perhaps, I should have filed them down a bit?
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 02-17-2019 at 11:31 PM.

I think it's just a crap shoot.
    Last edited by Greg Bell; 02-17-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    I love my p01, but it seems to be hitting a bit high after installing the CGW Dawson sights (same as you have). I forced the rear sights on with a pusher, almost broke the pusher. Perhaps, I should have filed them down a bit?
    You probably should have..I've fit up a couple sets of Dawson's to CZ's and they all needed a bit of sanding with some sand cloth on the bottom of the sights dovetail to get a proper fit.. You want to sand them until they go about halfway into the dovetail by hand, then pop them back out, put your locktite down, and push them in.. Cramming them in without fitting them up is always a bad idea.

Yes. Not everything goes together like a Glock. Some firearms still need some parts to be fitted in some way.

Hammertime
    My CZ 75B SA shot 5.5 inches high at 25 with the 0.170" tall front, 0.260" tall rear CGW/Dawson sights. I complained about it to CGW and was told it was a perfect "combat hold." I purchased a .205" front from Dawson and it hits drive the dot (fiber) now.

I just picked up a P-01 Omega from a local shop. My curiosity on the CZ platform got to me. So I saw one, and had the cash and it went home. The first thing I did was order some VZ grips. I agree with you on the sights from the factory. They have a lot of room to improve.

General impression on a first range trip, I put 400 rounds through it today, and it is a very nice pistol. In General the recoil is controllable, I like the aluminum frame DA/SA for the compact, the weight helps with some of the recoil. I am going to send it in to CZ next week to have some sights installed. I will shoot it some more and, I am really intrigued by this pistol. First CZ, and am impressed.

Now, this will not take over my EDC, but if it gets to Cajun, I might think about it.
    If you can find one, it is worth looking at.
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I just picked up a P-01 Omega from a local shop. My curiosity on the CZ platform got to me. So I saw one, and had the cash and it went home. The first thing I did was order some VZ grips. I agree with you on the sights from the factory. They have a lot of room to improve.

General impression on a first range trip, I put 400 rounds through it today, and it is a very nice pistol. In General the recoil is controllable, I like the aluminum frame DA/SA for the compact, the weight helps with some of the recoil. I am going to send it in to CZ next week to have some sights installed. I will shoot it some more and, I am really intrigued by this pistol. First CZ, and am impressed.

Now, this will not take over my EDC, but if it gets to Cajun, I might think about it.
    If you can find one, it is worth looking at.
    I like it.
    Oh, I can promise you, that if it makes it to CGW, it will take over as your EDC..

Greg, great thread (as usual from you). Regarding the sharp magazine baseplates, another solution is to use a magazine pouch with a sweat shield sufficiently high enough to shield you from the edges. I've had excellent results with Tactical Tailor's Magna pouches, both the regular Magnas and the Fight Light version. They have rare earth magnets embedded in the fabric, aids in mag retention.

For grip screw O rings, I like the thin ones from Challis; you can use individually or stack them as needed.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Regarding the sharp magazine baseplates, another solution is to use a magazine pouch with a sweat shield sufficiently high enough to shield you from the edges.
    Another option is to replace the metal base pads with Beretta they work great and are a lot more comfortable.

User Tag List