View Poll Results: Is it OK for your muzzle to dip after the trigger is pressed with a dummy round?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 72.73%
  • No

6 27.27%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is post trigger push really a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    LOVE THAT!

Here is one I set up with the lad and his TRP. He balanced a few empty cases when he was starting out. 1st try 88 feet.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

VERY NICE~!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    TPC is a proponent of isolating the trigger, then letting recoil happen. A potential problem with post ignition push is when it happens during the trigger press.

The $64 dollar question is whether post ignition push offers any measurable benefit over just letting recoil happen?
    I find post ignition push is entirely subconsious and not something you can train. I don't think you can achieve top level speed performance/recoil control without it. Can you hit 1.7 bill drills or .15 splits, then throw a dummy round in the mag and not a see a dip?

The problem people run into as instructors is not understanding what it is and beating up shooters who show muzzle dip on a ball and dummy drill when their rounds are hitting the intended target. I won't even put a shooter through a ball and dummy drill unless I see their rounds hitting low or low/left. It has to be a combined diagnosis of rounds hitting low and low/left with a ball and dummy drill flinch to start trying to work on the flinch.
    Last edited by Gio; 02-13-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    So I've been reading a number of threads about the ball and dummy drill and I notice that a few seemingly reputable posters claim that it is OK for the gun to nose dive as long as it happens *after* the trigger is pulled. I've always been told you want to be able to balance a coin on the front sight when the firing pin falls on a dummy. Which is right?
    The balance a coin act is great if you're trying to work on a slow smooth bullseye style trigger press. It's not so beneficial for any kind of action shooting.

User Tag List