Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Karl Sokol 3" M66

Nice. I use their AIWB holster for my 4". Most comfortable, easiest to conceal set up I have.

I also had Ryan Grizzle make a horsehide holster for when I'm so inclined.
    Name:  1552058451309-1639050335.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  79.1 KB

My JMCK holster came in, and I also got the sights where I want them. Did some work with it today. What a great gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I think I’m going carry 135 grain .38 Short Barrel Gold Dots in this thing (popping off a .357 in a vehicle or other confined space doesn’t appeal to me), but I’m open to other suggestions if anyone has any.
    Here's some 38 Spl options
    Federal HST: https://www.luckygunner.com/38-speci...rounds#geltest

Winchester PDX +P: https://www.luckygunner.com/winchest...nse-20#geltest

Winchester PDX: https://www.luckygunner.com/38-speci...rounds#geltest

I gave in and got some new shoes:

Several years ago I lusted after a 3" 65 and finally bought on on Gunbroker. It was a real POS - badly out of time, incredible amount of end shake, pimp-shiny and quite rusty under the Hogue grips. Of course the seller would not accept a return despite clear misrepresentation. Win some lose some, I guess - the only real problem I've ever had after buying dozens of guns off that site. I decided to drop it off at a gunsmith whom had done some very satisfactory work for me in the past and then proceeded to disappear for almost two years (along with a .22 suppressor I purchased from him). He finally contacted me a couple of months ago, transferred the suppressor to another local dealer and is returning my 65 tonight.

I have been in contact with a gunsmith over on the S&W forum who is going to take it in to address the action/timing/carryup problems and media blast it. I would like to have a front sight dovetailed in while he has it but I'm not sure I can afford the mods, tho now would be the time to do it. I hadn't read this thread before so timing is opportune, technically I've owned this revolver for a few years but it's only been in my possession for a few days.

In the meantime, I'm going to see about getting some grips and a holster for it, this thread has inspired me. I will likely go with VZ checkered as I prefer some bite, I just wish I could get them a little shorter and without finger grooves, I may do some experimenting with a belt grinder to see if I can achieve something close.

Glad I found this, thanks for updating it!

Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    Several years ago I lusted after a 3" 65 and finally bought on on Gunbroker. It was a real POS - badly out of time, incredible amount of end shake, pimp-shiny and quite rusty under the Hogue grips. Of course the seller would not accept a return despite clear misrepresentation. Win some lose some, I guess - the only real problem I've ever had after buying dozens of guns off that site. I decided to drop it off at a gunsmith whom had done some very satisfactory work for me in the past and then proceeded to disappear for almost two years (along with a .22 suppressor I purchased from him). He finally contacted me a couple of months ago, transferred the suppressor to another local dealer and is returning my 65 tonight.

I have been in contact with a gunsmith over on the S&W forum who is going to take it in to address the action/timing/carryup problems and media blast it. I would like to have a front sight dovetailed in while he has it but I'm not sure I can afford the mods, tho now would be the time to do it. I hadn't read this thread before so timing is opportune, technically I've owned this revolver for a few years but it's only been in my possession for a few days.

In the meantime, I'm going to see about getting some grips and a holster for it, this thread has inspired me. I will likely go with VZ checkered as I prefer some bite, I just wish I could get them a little shorter and without finger grooves, I may do some experimenting with a belt grinder to see if I can achieve something close.

Glad I found this, thanks for updating it!
    Which gunsmith over there? USNRigger? If so, he did some work for me and did a great job.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Which gunsmith over there? USNRigger? If so, he did some work for me and did a great job.
    BMCM I believe is his handle. He has posted a number of pictorials of his work over there.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I gave in and got some new shoes:
    Good grief, that 66 is exemplary.

User Tag List