Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol 3" M66

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I think I’m going carry 135 grain .38 Short Barrel Gold Dots in this thing (popping off a .357 in a vehicle or other confined space doesn’t appeal to me), but I’m open to other suggestions if anyone has any.
    That's what I carry in my 3" Model 66-2. I find that round to be very controllable and with noticeably less muzzle-flash than comparable +P rounds--and certainly less than .357 Magnum self-defense loads.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    That's what I carry in my 3" Model 66-2. I find that round to be very controllable and with noticeably less muzzle-flash than comparable +P rounds--and certainly less than .357 Magnum self-defense loads.
    Yeah, it's more of a +p than it is a real Magnum.

It's only about 100 fps faster than the identical load in 38+p. You could always get the 135gr SB Gold Dot 38+p if you wanted, or the Ranger Bonded 130gr+p. Both are recommended by Doc....I went with the Ranger because of availability. With that said, you might as well try the 357. Maybe the K-frame in 3" is the tipping point in terms of muzzle flash and controllability.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I was shooting some of the .357 Short Barrel Gold Dots out of a 638 today with Wayne Dobbs. Recoil was noticeable, bot not bad.

That revolver does have a nice set of checkered Herrett's, however. I definitely would not do that with a smooth set of boot grips.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah, it's more of a +p than it is a real Magnum.

It's only about 100 fps faster than the identical load in 38+p. You could always get the 135gr SB Gold Dot 38+p if you wanted, or the Ranger Bonded 130gr+p. Both are recommended by Doc....I went with the Ranger because of availability. With that said, you might as well try the 357. Maybe the K-frame in 3" is the tipping point in terms of muzzle flash and controllability.
    My shop has a 2.75 m66-8 rental and I shoot it often. It handles full house loads very well.

.357 golden sabers are very controllable

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I think I’m going carry 135 grain .38 Short Barrel Gold Dots in this thing (popping off a .357 in a vehicle or other confined space doesn’t appeal to me), but I’m open to other suggestions if anyone has any.
    That's what I carry. I shot some in that, they were very accurate and controllable.

Finally got to shoot it today.

Five shot group with 135 grain +P Short Barrel Gold Dots. Need to adjust the sights and raise the POI a little.

Told you it was accurate! Very impressive for a 3" DAO revolver. Oh, you did ok too

That's awesome. Man, I want that gun...….
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Nice shooting. What type of holster are you going to use?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nice shooting. What type of holster are you going to use?
    I've got a JMCK "George" on order. I'll get some leather for it too, at some point.

User Tag List