Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol 3" M66

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It is now mine.

I would like to thank @theJanitor, and also the IRS for a timely tax refund.

I’ll post pics when I get it.
    Good score, I am going to miss this one! I really didn't want to sell it but I promised the wife I would empty out the safe a bit, it was getting pretty crowded in there.

I almost feel like it should be in a museum, Mr Sokol is one of the legends of S&W work and you just don't see revolver craftwork like this much anymore. The melt job he did is incredible, the way he rounded the front of the cylinder makes it super easy to holster.

BTW, the previous owner who had the work done was a real life badass and he's the one who decided to bead blast it
    Last edited by zephyr; 02-09-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It is now mine.

I would like to thank @theJanitor, and also the IRS for a timely tax refund.

I’ll post pics when I get it.
    This... is the way this thread needed to go.

Great job; with the prices of 3" K-frames—let alone a 3" 66–these days, that’s like getting a cool wheelie off of GB, and having Sokol tune it for free.

Excellent.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This... is the way this thread needed to go.

Great job; with the prices of 3" K-frames—let alone a 3" 66–these days, that’s like getting a cool wheelie off of GB, and having Sokol tune it for free.

Excellent.
    That’s exactly how I justified it to myself last night. I’ve been wanting a 3” 66 for a long time, and couldn’t pass this one up.

I have a M65 3” that Karl worked up a couple years ago. He is a Smith master!
    He is a great guy to talk with.

Karl does a heck of a job on older Smith autos as well. Used to have a 3953 by him, and very much regret letting it go.

-Rainman

CWM11B
    Good thing I didn't see this before it sold. 1500 is a smoking good deal for a revolver like that

Site Supporter
    I’m glad it went to member here. I will have to look into sending a revolver to him

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I’m glad it went to member here. I will have to look into sending a revolver to him
    I am in Ma, Karl in West Rutland Vt., Mrs SPG, the two dogs, and I made a road trip out of it. Karl suggested a local spot
    The Paws Inn for us. Made for a great trip without leaving them in a kennel.

I have my fathers Hi Power that may need a rework, maybe a HRT....oh hell, it’s only money and separation anxiety
    Steve

Site Supporter
    I am so happy someone in the family bought that one before I could. Feel free to bring that to one of my revolver classes so I can steal it from you.

That's an exceptionally viable and well-thought out carry revolver. Great that one of us here who appreciates and will likely use it as intended got it.

Best, Jon

User Tag List