Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sig P320 Pro Series has landed

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Got both guns in today. Both were manufactured 12/20/2018. There are no obvious cosmetic flaws that I noted.

I cleaned and lubed both at the range and then shot 660 rounds (mix of HSTs, Gold Dots, and 147gr Lawman FMJ) through one and another 50 HSTs through the other. No malfunctions on either gun. The one I'm vetting I also deliberately limp-wristed WHO for several rounds. Both guns print about 2.5-3" high at 25yds with 147gr HSTs.

So far, so good.

Edit: Noticed while putting the pistols up that the front tritium in my practice gun is very dim. The one I'm vetting for carry is good. Guess I'll need to contact SIG...

Unfortunately, I am recovering from shoulder surgery, have a plate and screws in currently. Dr. won't clear me for two handed shooting for another several weeks. So the only shooting I have been doing is one handed. While this isn't optimal, it has given me a reason to hone that skill set. I am at around 500 rounds through my Pro now and While I haven't been able to push it, it hasn't failed once. Groups are very respectable all things considered. This is by far my favorite configuration of the 320 to date. I tried to shoot my G45 one handed and it is very obvious how much more forgiving the Sig is to bad inputs and grip.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Unfortunately, I am recovering from shoulder surgery, have a plate and screws in currently. Dr. won't clear me for two handed shooting for another several weeks. So the only shooting I have been doing is one handed. While this isn't optimal, it has given me a reason to hone that skill set. I am at around 500 rounds through my Pro now and While I haven't been able to push it, it hasn't failed once. Groups are very respectable all things considered. This is by far my favorite configuration of the 320 to date. I tried to shoot my G45 one handed and it is very obvious how much more forgiving the Sig is to bad inputs and grip.

TXPO
    I found the trigger very shootable at speed and during slow fire. I really like the way the gun tracks. The internal magazine well is very good, and the grip feels great size-wise for me.

I got my Raven Perun and my Tenicor Velo today. Just doing a bit of dry fire, so far it's pretty easy to lock in my grip on the pistol. I'll play with it some more, so far the beavertail isn't turning out to be the issue I thought it'd be.

The more I play with the X-Rays, the less I like them. That front sight is huge and it honestly doesn't pop much at all to my eyes. The rear is nice and low-profile, however. Eventually these will be RDS hosts (waiting to see what SIG does with the Romeo 2 -- otherwise I'll likely do RMRs in the Springer adapter for the time being) so I'm not too concerned, but I'll probably end up replacing the fronts with Ameriglos.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I found the trigger very shootable at speed and during slow fire. I really like the way the gun tracks. The internal magazine well is very good, and the grip feels great size-wise for me.

I got my Raven Perun and my Tenicor Velo today. Just doing a bit of dry fire, so far it's pretty easy to lock in my grip on the pistol. I'll play with it some more, so far the beavertail isn't turning out to be the issue I thought it'd be.

The more I play with the X-Rays, the less I like them. That front sight is huge and it honestly doesn't pop much at all to my eyes. The rear is nice and low-profile, however. Eventually these will be RDS hosts (waiting to see what SIG does with the Romeo 2 -- otherwise I'll likely do RMRs in the Springer adapter for the time being) so I'm not too concerned, but I'll probably end up replacing the fronts with Ameriglos.

I'm with you on the X ray front. It is ok, but I typically replace the front sight on all my pistol with AmeriGlo pro glo yellow fronts. They stand out much better against the background colors I may have to deal with.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

So when are these available to the public to buy? I am interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotundra View Post
    Are they currently still LEO/First Responder only?
    Huh? Poor marketing strategy if I may say so.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-14-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Texaspoff,

Any update? How have you been liking it? I saw, in another P320 thread, your thoughts that maybe Sig’s P320 QC has slipped a bit.

I love my P320c, and it’s my do-everything pistol (holster at work; come home and IWB it goes), and I’ve been thinking about getting an X Carry Pro for work. I also love the VP9 and shoot it really well. I originally went with the P320c because it was that compact, Goldilocks size I was looking for, but I’m now toying around with the idea of a VP9 for work and VP9sk for concealed carry.

I'm not TexasPoff, but I'll give my impressions:

I only had the chance to run about 300 rounds through the pistol before it had to go back to Sig for warranty repair to address a dead-trigger-on-reassembly issue. The day I shot it was unholy ball cracking cold - 12 degrees or so and windy, so a lot of my initial shooting impressions were made with hands that were damned near numb.

The pistol was reliable using issued A260 JHP, M882 FMJ, and a small number of my dwindling stash of Federal HST 147gr JHP. Accuracy was fine, definitely adequate for duty or SD use, but not noticably better than what I'm getting out of my current Gen5 G19. The trigger is nice - very little take up and a clean rolling break, lighter than a stock Gen5 Glock but not, IMHO too light. I'm not sold on the flat trigger as an improvement due to the steep forward angle of the trigger at rest, but, again, it's new to me and my experience is limited. Just like on the P365, the supplied XRay front sight sucks ass - the Kelly green ring around it is basically impossible to see in anything but direct sunlight or bright indoor lighting. The rear sights are servicable. Luckily, I already have an Ameriglo front Pro Glo yellow sight to install.

Despite its extremely "tall" slide, the pistol shoots very "flat." Front sight rise in recoil is extremely limited - a marked improvement over the G19. Whether that has a meaningful impact on speed drills remains to be seen, but less movement is less movement.

The grip is comfortable, not ground breaking, but "feels" better in the hand than the G19. I'm definitely interested in obtaining a X-Compact grip module (preferably in Small) to swap out, then use the 17 round mags just as reloads. Speaking of the magazines, they worked fine, none spontaneously disassembled on hitting the asphalt range during reloads. Loading them to 17 rounds was not an issue, except for my previously mentioned mostly numb hands. Loading a full magazine under the slide forward (as in topping off after administrative loading) was a non-issue.

All in all, I consider this a capable duty pistol, if not earth shattering. It's price comparable with a NS equipped G19 MOS, even if that latter comes with arguably "better" NS. If you simply CAN'T mesh with a G19 or G45, and have to have a pistol milled for MRDS plates, it's worth a look. Whether the platform and its manufacturer are "ready for prime time" remains to be seen, IMHO, based on the obvious QC failure that happened with my sample of one.
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 03-15-2019 at 09:15 AM.

I've got a hair over 800 rounds through one of mine. I'm sufficiently impressed with the gun and am now carrying it.

It was fired in a class during the tail end of the week-long ark building opportunity we got here a few weeks ago. It was not a high volume class, but I performed speed reloads at the end of each string towards the end, maybe a dozen times in total. Magazines were dropped partially loaded and landed in the muck. That didn't cause any issues.

The sights on both of mine are fairly well zeroed, but they regulate about 2-3" high at 25 with my 147gr stuff. I had the same front sight QC fail as psalms on one of my pistols. I haven't sent it back, mainly because I'm unimpressed with the front sight anyway for the same reasons psalms already stated. I haven't replaced the sights yet, but I'll probably go Ameriglo in time.

The gun carries well. The beavertail has, however, impeded my draw a few times in dry fire. I'm looking at possibly grinding it down. I don't think I'll buy a compact gun, but I may be interested in transferring my upper to a compact frame. I've grown to like the full grip/compact slide setup on my past few pistols, however. The Tenicor Velo works very well for me with this pistol.

The trigger has shorter travel than I'm used to, but the wall is firm enough to facilitate the prepping during extension that I've been working on.

Name:  IMG_1892.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  36.3 KB

Not an X-Pro...rather, a standard LE-label P320 Carry 9mm with GrayGuns laser-stippled x-carry grip module. Finally got around to qualifying for duty use with this setup. I always liked the 320 series, but never really "fell in love" until I tried this grip shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    Texaspoff,

Any update? How have you been liking it? I saw, in another P320 thread, your thoughts that maybe Sig’s P320 QC has slipped a bit.

I love my P320c, and it’s my do-everything pistol (holster at work; come home and IWB it goes), and I’ve been thinking about getting an X Carry Pro for work. I also love the VP9 and shoot it really well. I originally went with the P320c because it was that compact, Goldilocks size I was looking for, but I’m now toying around with the idea of a VP9 for work and VP9sk for concealed carry.

Overall I think the P320 is a solid platform. I was finally able to really shot a bit, still have some hardware in my shoulder, but I can at least use both arms now. I have pretty much settled on the two pistol that work best for me. The P320 in either the pro series or X carry and the Glock G45.

I am still a bit more comfortable with the Glock trigger during high speed drills than the 320, lots of years with glocks. I short stroked the 320 trigger a few time while doing some holster draw and hip shooting. Drawing a firing two to three rounds, and I short stroked the 320 during this drill. I have never short stroked the glock.

Accuracy, I am generally the same with both pistols out to 100 yards when shooting at steel. Yeah I don't plan on taking a shot at 100, but its nice to know I have the ability. Both pistols are comfortable in my hands and neither shines above the other.

The QC issues I have seen with Sig is what bothers me about them. I have seen multiple new 320's with scratches on the frames and slide. I have seen wild variations in triggers. I have seen offset sight, which glock has been guilty of as well. I have seen dings in barrels, and slides. I just feel like Sig really isn't looking their products over very well. I get they need to push them out, but some of these things I wouldn't let past me in QC.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List