Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK “Reduced Reset Carry Perfection”

HK “Reduced Reset Carry Perfection”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=rK0unkblysQ

This is my first time posting a video so apologies in advance if it’s not formatted correctly

I had the HK “Reduced Reset Carry Perfection” package performed on two V3 P2000s

One of my pistols has the quirky trigger in the video above

There is a tactile and audible “step” before the hammer drops

I emailed the popular gunsmith (twice) and called (twice) and have not received a reply

Can anyone with more experience with this trigger system offer some insight as to what’s going on?

That’s kind of odd.

Like if I took the gun apart, put it back together and heard that I’d assume I put the bits back in wrong.

At the current moment I’m inclined to desire my HKs as free of gray area as possible
    Last edited by Duke; 01-05-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Hammertime
    Did you replace the roll pin in the sear with the one included in the kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    At the current moment I’m inclined to desire my HKs as free of gray area as possible
    Me too. Switched to USPc for carry

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Not a kit, this was an in-house trigger job performed by Gray Guns

Hammertime
    Sorry I didn’t comprehend that you had this installed by the smith. Agree it sounds strange.

No worries, sorry I didn’t make that clear in my initial post. Not sure if there are forum rules regarding “outing” a manufacturer/ vendor. I know it’s “the holidays” but it’s been six days since I attempted contact with GGI.

Sorry I didn’t comprehend that you had this installed by the smith. Agree it sounds strange.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    No worries, sorry I didn’t make that clear in my initial post. Not sure if there are forum rules regarding “outing” a manufacturer/ vendor. I know it’s “the holidays” but it’s been six days since I attempted contact with GGI.
    You were clear, I just didn’t read carefully. No one cares if you out a manufacturer honestly.

One thing easy to check is remove the slide and see if the firing pin block is moving smoothly or if it is binding as it moves through travel.

Will keep thinking on this. If that isn’t it (and I think it is unlikely), it has to have something to do with the trigger bar and disconnector.

Hammertime
    Okay I checked my stock P2000 V3 and it appears there is a normal, similar noise, but it happens much earlier in the trigger pull and I never noticed it.

It is the sound of the hammer catch popping up.

It would be interesting for you to take the gun apart and cycle the trigger and see if it is indeed the hammer catch popping up, just really late in the trigger pull

Hammertime
    Ah crap. I watched your video again and can hear the hammer catch popping up right at the beginning of the trigger pull, as it should. I have no idea.

I’ll isolate the lower and cycle the trigger. I don’t have it in front of me so likely won’t be till tomorrow though. Thanks for troubleshooting!
    Last edited by J0hnny; 01-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.

User Tag List