Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just threw up a little in my mouth, the taurus 617

Taurus makes/made some interesting guns. A scaled down 9 MM snub gun, want one bad even tho it only has about a 50/50 chance of working. They also made a 10 round sub compact .45 ACP, wanted it bad for a while but came to my senses.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    DB has endorsed the old 231 (?-too lazy to check my memory) as a CC .44 Special slinger in years past.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I am having a difficult time figuring out what a short barrel 7 shot .357 magnum does better than something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I think it's more annoying the fact it muddies the '617' waters, as the S&W 617 is a 10 shot .22LR chambered revolver.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Taurus, Kimber, Kel-Tec, Charter. Who am I forgetting that makes cool, but crappy, guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I tried to give Taurus a chance. Three times, there different PT1911s. All three had the same issue (hammer follow) and all three took multiple trips back. This was over the course of a decade.

However.....

*If* you get a Taurus that actually works it will *generally* continue to work. I'm pretty sure Taurus plays the odds that most people that buy them don't actually shoot all that much and thus the problems will never arise.

That said...

I will never own a Taurus again.
    I got a PT1911 when they first came out. No more impressive than any other cheap 1911, but it actually never gave me problems which is more than I can say for 1911’s that ran me a good bit more. Sample of one, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am having a difficult time figuring out what a short barrel 7 shot .357 magnum does better than something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^ So much this. Especially in light of the existence of the Glock G33. 9 rounds of snubbie magnum performance at less weight?
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 02-05-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Sell more 2" .357 magnums.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Semi-auto, FIFY version.
    These days Kimber seems to have upped its game enough to be about equal with the number of stinkers Colt and Springfield are putting out.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I got a PT1911 when they first came out. No more impressive than any other cheap 1911, but it actually never gave me problems which is more than I can say for 1911’s that ran me a good bit more. Sample of one, I know.
    Same for me, got a PT1911 when they first appeared. Mine was good, no issues and was my first dabble in the 1911. When I traded it in I got full value for it because the new price had gone up and they were in demand. I would be very reluctant to buy a new Smith revolver [but recently bought a pre-lock late model 13] and I would never consider a Taurus revolver.

User Tag List