Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Streamlight 870 / 590 forearm light

Has anyone gotten a chance to try one of these yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Well heck. Figured Streamlight makes decent stuff and $125 isn't a massive amount of money (not that it's anything to sneeze at). And it's not like I'm kicking in doors or using it to shoot hostage takers in the face, so I ordered one anyway. Amazon has a 30 day return policy so I'll see if I can break it before then without detaching my retinas.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Minimal Hands On

Bought one at the NRAAM and have yet to install it on anything. Originally planned for a different purpose, but plans changed...
    Think it will become part of a TAC-14 build.

I liked how the demo model felt and it was a "positive" click when activated. Wasn't too big for my smaller hands. Plenty of traction for me to have a good grip on their 870 blue gun demo.

I bought one over the July 4th sales on line.

I like it a lot.

I installed it and messed around with it a bit. I’m really liking it so far. Hot and muggy where I live right now. The shape and texture of the handguard helped my sweaty hand from slipping. The light is easy to activate. The throw and beam pattern is great in a home or about anywhere within the effective distance of OO Buckshot.

I took the 870 that I installed this Streamlight on into my agency’s firearms training unit to show it to my counterpart there. They didn’t shoot it, just handled it and passing it around to his staff. The staff liked the concept enough that they are going to get a T&E sent out. They’ve been looking for a way to mount a light onto about 430 Remington 870’s. This would be perfect in my opinion. Truly ambidextrous for your left handed people. Doesn’t project to the side for the double gun racks being used in Explorers.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Interesting... I have an older Mossy 500 that cost me ~$100 that I might throw this on to extend its utility.

The TL-racker came in today. First impression overall is it's not bad. The fit is a touch loose. I don't see how it would effect anything but it's a little annoying. The activation pad requires a decent amount of pressure so accidental activation seems unlikely but there isn't much overtravel in it so it's easier than I would like to accidentally let off when I might want to hold it on. The light is nice and bright white with a good spill, totally fills a whole room.

hope the overlap on the 870 receiver doesn’t cause an issue with my Vang Comp side saddle. I just bought the TL Racker to try out. I didn’t know about the potential issue till I saw that video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Watching now.

Definitely more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

The TL-racker came in today. First impression overall is it's not bad. The fit is a touch loose. I don't see how it would effect anything but it's a little annoying. The activation pad requires a decent amount of pressure so accidental activation seems unlikely but there isn't much overtravel in it so it's easier than I would like to accidentally let off when I might want to hold it on. The light is nice and bright white with a good spill, totally fills a whole room.
    Bigghoss,
    What front sight is that on your Mossy?

User Tag List