Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Streamlight 870 / 590 forearm light

New Streamlight 870 / 590 forearm light

Stumbled on this over the weekend:
    https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...ndex/tl-racker

Did anyone get hands on with this at SHOT? Specs look good — more lumens than Surefire, significantly cheaper (st least MSRP) and looks to be about 8 ounces lighter. And generally more streamlined and lower profile. I’m not sure about the big on/off buttons on both sides. Might be subject to negligent discharge. Also can’t tell if there’s a master on/off switch. But looks potentially promising.

I picked up one of these from Steiner for my Tac14 for $57 with free shipping. 350 lumen plenty of brightness for my home and yard.

https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser...7-battle-light

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I’ve seen those — a very good deal at that price. Careful with your fingers/hand while actuating those on a Tac 14. Looks like you’re out ahead of the muzzle while actuating.

Still curious for feedback on the new Streamlight option.

Definitely interested in the new Streamlight product.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    significantly cheaper (st least MSRP)
    So, how much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Definitely interested in the new Streamlight product.

So, how much is it?
    MSRP of $225, but looks like sites will have it for around $140.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    MSRP of $225, but looks like sites will have it for around $140.
    It’s a little confusing because they have another older product with the same “Racker” name that mounts on a bracket — that might be what is $225 (or maybe it is the forearm, I’m not sure). Per a video of a Streamlight rep at SHOT, MSRP is $265 and available in April. The comparable Surefire forearm is $399 MSRP.
    Last edited by Xrslug; 02-04-2019 at 02:56 PM.

It’s a little confusing because they have another older product with the same “Racker” name that mounts on a bracket — that might be what is $225 (or maybe it is the forearm, I’m not sure). Per a video of a Streamlight rep at SHOT, MSRP is $265 and available in April. The comparable Surefire forearm is $399 MSRP.
    You could be right, but I found a couple places with the correct picture of the new forend for $225.

Interesting — if the street price is really well below $200 that would be a great deal (assuming the thing works!)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You could be right, but I found a couple places with the correct picture of the new forend for $225.
    Example (not an endorsement):

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-t...hotgun-forend/

..... Careful with your fingers/hand while actuating those on a Tac 14. Looks like you’re out ahead of the muzzle while actuating.
    Yep, I'm aware of that also. I've been dry fire practicing turning it on underhanded with my thumb on the switch. I think the most important thing is to develop the so-called muscle memory. It's strictly an on/off switch, not tap two or three times for strob or instant on.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
    Last edited by SkippySanchez; 02-04-2019 at 07:02 PM.

User Tag List