Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clinch Pik vs Other Piks

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Yes sir. Won't be here until Friday.
    I saw that on Instagram - that thing is pure hotness. Enjoy it.

I have been on the fence about ordering a Ditch Pik from JB for two weeks now. I really like the Shivworks curriculum as well as the Libre "Reaper" stuff and get a good deal of utility use out of my P'Kal and China Pik.

Lately, thanks to Ed Calderon, I have been rolling with a Victorinox Fruit Knife in a pocket sheath. That is a tricky, but nasty little combo for a "pocket pik".
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Pics as promised of my new Ban Tang Ti DLC'd forward edge recurve CP. Wow that's a long name for a small blade. Shown for comparison with my SAF. Threw an extra DCC clip on the sheath for now. I have other plans for the factory sheath so as soon as I get back from vacation the blade will be going to Bladerigs for a sheath.

Name:  20190301_180204.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  20190301_180215.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  20190301_180146.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  46.7 KB

Name:  20190301_180233.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  45.1 KB

As an EWO alumni, and with previous training before, I want the most grip-able knife I can still conceal in my normal clothes. Anything very flat and thin, like with a thin cord wrap in the normal clinch pick position will probably not accomplish that for me. I really like the egg shape of the clinch pick, but I would love to get more time on ban tang's more flattened (yet still egg silhouetted shaped) clinch pick. I played briefly with the trainer and enjoyed it. IME, the silhouette, thickness, texture and shape all play a role as variables for access. I have usually L-XL sized gloves, so I would certainly like a slightly oversized CP, but I am not sure how well I could conceal it. Up1911Fan, that's a beautiful knife. I certainly want to move over to a double edge CP style knife.

The experimentation continues.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 03-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.

User Tag List