Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tennis elbow

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    "Voodoo floss" has been mentioned more than once, but after watching the brief video at the link, I'm a little lost on what you're supposed to do with them and how they work. Does anyone have a decent source for more info?
    Lots of MobilityWod videos on YouTube regarding their use.

Here is one for the elbow.

I’ve done shoulders, knees, elbows, etc. YouTube should have videos on just about any area you want.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I second the recommendation to avoid Omega-6.
    I'm glad somebody agrees. Only very few people know this, including MDs. I mean that most people eat too much omega-6 and too little omega-3 fatty acids.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Cut out all the veg/seed oils....that stuff is poison. [..] Eat meat.
    But that's not what I've meant. The oil, which I've recommended (Udo's Choice), contains omega-3 from flax. The DHA is from a certain alga. I suppose, meat in the right amount is healthy. But I also think, the right amount is only twice or three times per week. And of course it depends on the kind and quality of the meat and the activities of the eater.
    Last edited by P30; 02-06-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    I'm glad somebody agrees. Only very few people know this, including MDs. I mean that most people eat too much omega-6 and too little omega-3 fatty acids.

But that's not what I've meant. The oil, which I've recommended (Udo's Choice), contains omega-3 from flax. The DHA is from a certain alga. I suppose, meat in the right amount is healthy. But I also think, the right amount is only twice or three times per week. And of course it depends on the kind and quality of the meat and the activities of the eater.
    I am curious what you believe is an adequate amount of protein per day for an adult male doing adult male stuff (heavy weights, cardio, with some BJJ or other contact sport mixed in). I am also curious how you provide that protein without meat.

And since we are deep-diving on nutrition, how are you getting choline?
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    I am curious what you believe is an adequate amount of protein per day for an adult male doing adult male stuff
    I don't know.

And please don't get me wrong. I don't want to tell anybody what to do or what not to do. I only wanted to achieve that I am not totally misunderstood.
    Last edited by P30; 02-06-2019 at 05:26 PM.

I don't know.

And please don't get me wrong. I don't want to tell anybody what to do or what not to do. I only wanted to achieve that I am not totally misunderstood.
    Understood. I was not trying to start an argument.

I have found a higher protein and lower carb diet helps me.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'm doing this:

https://www.absolutept.com/shooters-elbow/

So far, so good.
    3/15/2016

You may well be right about meat...but I'm not seeing any evidence of it. I'm agnostic about the long term effect of a heavy meat diet.
    But, it's getting hard to ignore the anecdotal evidence in the short to medium term.
    There are a ton of folks (particularly athletes) noticing improved joint and tissue health, increased strength and performance. And it may be that the athletes are the best population to observe, as their physical demands are very high.

It may well be that these hyper carnivores are like Rutdger Hauer in Blade Runner (the alpha-Replicant). Supreme physical performance, but not so great for longevity. Again, don't see any compelling evidence of deleterious effects in actual people (quite the opposite) in the long term, but wouldn't rule it out.
    We just don't know.

In the meantime, I'm very pleased about the strength gains, healing time, low inflammation, and overall joint/tissue health.

Anyway, back to the physical therapy suggestions....

One last tangent on meat.....

So I got a CT Calcification scan done of my heart to look for atherosclerosis (heart disease), got results back yesterday. My LDL-C is 536 (long story, but I'm a lean mass hyper responder...highly fat adapted, high physical demands, and don't eat carbs, so much of my fuel is coming from triglycerides). Docs freaked out. By all other metrics (save LDL-C), I'm ridiculously healthy.

I've being low carb-high fat for 4 years, full time ketogenic for 14 months. And basically carnivore since September...mostly fatty red meat.

My CAC score is 0 (out of 1000).
    No plaque detected. As Chris Elliot said in Cabin Boy "These Pipes are Clean"

Kinda makes me think that most of our nutritional advice for the last 50 years has been utter B.S.

Bearing on the meat tangent... Having been doing this carnivore thing for over a year now, minus the odd indulgence and being out with friends; my consistently "at the higher end of the acceptable range of the LDL-C" from eating lower-carb\gluten-free for most of the last decade has actually DROPPED despite eating some combination of meat\eggs\fats for almost every meal.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List