Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger help

Alternately, a K frame snub may be a better fit. My 10-6 is worlds better (trigger, comfort, accuracy) than my 36 ever was.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I think getting her involved in local club matches with one of the handguns she already owns and the two of you taking a quality 2 day handgun course together would be time and money much better spent than trying to make her hate the 442 a little less.

Site Supporter
    I would throw an APEX kit in and tell her to dry fire it to strengthen her hands. That will help her shooting with the other handguns too. Small easy to carry revolvers are very hard to shoot. I bought a colt detective special for an old girlfriend to use. ( back in 1992?) it had the pachmyr grips. she could shoot it ok for 50 rounds but after that it she got tired and it tore her hand up. She couldn’t pull back the slide on a Glock 19. She loved my HK P7. She could tear the center out if the target with the P7. She was average sized 5 5” 140 lbs but didn’t have the hand strength for many handguns. She told me she preferred the “modern convience of the autoloader” K frames with 38 wadcutter work well for for all shooters
    Last edited by Poconnor; 02-04-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Let me help you out, Dad. She's telling you she wants nothing to do with it.

Do you think women can't decide these things for themselves?
    ^^^^^^^ This. Very much this.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Alternately, a K frame snub may be a better fit. My 10-6 is worlds better (trigger, comfort, accuracy) than my 36 ever was.
    Or a 4" K frame if CC is not a consideration. 2" and 3" K snubs are quite pricey around here these days.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-04-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    I think that might be a little harsh. J frames might take some practice to become proficient with, but it takes much longer to learn how to clear a malfunction in a semi.
    Are you quite sure?

Tap, rack, ready.
    Lock, rip, rack, tap, rack, ready.

Was that really so complicated, relative to someone with little upper body strength building up their muscles to the point they can smoothly press a heavy double action trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Or a 4" K frame if CC is not a consideration. 2" and 3" K snubs are quite pricey around here these days.
    Everybody needs a K frame of some sort.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Everybody needs K frames of some sort.
    FIFY.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Are you quite sure?

Tap, rack, ready.
    Lock, rip, rack, tap, rack, ready.

Was that really so complicated, relative to someone with little upper body strength building up their muscles to the point they can smoothly press a heavy double action trigger?
    Don’t get me wrong - it’s a simple drill. But it’s one people who train for it blow under pressure.

I still maintain that the revolver is a great platform even with a heavy trigger pull if someone doesn’t train much. Or at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    Don’t get me wrong - it’s a simple drill. But it’s one people who train for it blow under pressure.

I still maintain that the revolver is a great platform even with a heavy trigger pull if someone doesn’t train much. Or at all.
    To say it's easier to become proficient with a j frame (can we quantify that?) than it is to clear malfunctions on a Glock seems fanciful at best.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 02-04-2019 at 04:43 PM.

User Tag List