Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Pistols

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What lower/brace are you using with it?

The colt 6933 with a impact weapon systems scout light mount and a scalarworks rear sight would be a super light weight compact pistol..
    Currently its set up on an Aero lower with an Aero LPK and Shockwave KAK brace.
    I have a GHW Tailhook 2.0 on the way and a BCM LPK that'll replace the Aero LPK, as I recently built an M16A4 clone with the BCM LPK following other advice I saw on P-F, and I'm a believer now and will gradually replace all of my AR LPK's with BCM parts as time/money permits.

I was going to install a Battlecomp 2.0 in place of the A2 flash hider, but after shooting a 10.3" SBR with one installed, I came to the same conclusion offered earlier about muzzle brakes on sub-14.5in 5.56 guns - a suppressor QD mount is the only reason to ditch the A2 unless you REALLY like concussive headaches despite doubled-up earpro.

@Jay585, I've got an FBI contract upper with an 11.5 HB and it has been fantastic, not a turn key solution but it has been ridiculously reliable both suppressed and unsuppressed. If you want to keep the weight down the 6933 uppers as another member mentioned are quite excellent. Hell I wish I could get a 6933 Colt factory configuration in a pistol. I'd snag one in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-07-2019 at 04:47 PM.

The BRT Linear Comp works very well on a shorty. Good flash suppression and it sends the concussion down range.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    I went with the SA Saint in 300 BO. I swapped the brace for an SB3a and added a Law tactical folder. Good kit.
    Isn’t 13.5 LOP the legal max for a brace and doesn’t that brace with the Law put it over?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Subjectively, .300 BLK out of an 8-9 inch AR sounds similar in noise to a 16 inch 5.56, making that caliber especially appealing in this application.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I went with the Barrett Rec7 DI pistol. It had the short throw ambi safety and Radian charging handle that I wanted plus it’s my third Barrett and I have yet to have an issue with one. A bit overpriced? Maybe, but I think there’s great value overall with the combination of quality and components.

Hello. Quick question. What problems do you see in a rifle that’s overgassed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Isn’t 13.5 LOP the legal max for a brace and doesn’t that brace with the Law put it over?
    The only reference I see to that is a quote from Shockwave that someone said that in a phone conversation, which I don’t find authoritative.

The only actual reference I find is:

“It’s important to clarify here that it’s the permanent end of the pistol, so an extended brace would need to be permanently attached in an extended position to count toward the length.”

I take this to mean that the measurement is to the end of the buffer tube.

Thoughts?
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

AR Pistols

I saw references to the 13.5” rule in one of the opinion letters for a brace. It was also referenced in the trial of the guy who attached a rubber end cap from a walking cane to the end of his pistol’s cheek rest. There’s a thread about that case on the forum.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 02-07-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I decided upon a turn-key weapon, partly in order to more-easily prove that it was legally manufactured as a pistol, as configured, including the brace, in case it ever comes to that being important.
    For the same reasons I bought a built lower that was a handgun on the 4473. I also bought it before I bought the upper, so I wouldn't have possession of only a short upper.

User Tag List