Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para-Ordnance

Para-Ordnance

Hello, New member and my first post. Anyone have any experience with a Para in .45. I remember when I was a kid back in the 70's Para got a lot of print in the gun rags. Now every pistol article is Glock, HK,CZ and others. I know Para was a Canadian Company but now has been absorbed by Remington. Anyway, anybody here have one or shot one? This was a pistol when I didn't have the money that I wanted. Should I move on and spend my money somewhere else? Thanks David

There are several threads discussing them. Here’s a couple:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....le-stack-1911s

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....le-stack/page1

Did you already find these and still have some questions?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    There are several threads discussing them. Here’s a couple:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....le-stack-1911s

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....le-stack/page1

Did you already find these and still have some questions?
    Thanks for the info,I had not seen the facts on the Para before. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cutt View Post
    Hello, New member and my first post. Anyone have any experience with a Para in .45. I remember when I was a kid back in the 70's Para got a lot of print in the gun rags. Now every pistol article is Glock, HK,CZ and others. I know Para was a Canadian Company but now has been absorbed by Remington. Anyway, anybody here have one or shot one? This was a pistol when I didn't have the money that I wanted. Should I move on and spend my money somewhere else? Thanks David
    In the 70’s? Your family must’ve had a time machine. Para started selling frame kits for 1911’s in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Complete guns followed a little later. My first gun was a P14-45 in 93 right after they smoothed the frame and made it less chunky.

These days... lots of better options for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    In the 70’s? Your family must’ve had a time machine. Para started selling frame kits for 1911’s in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Complete guns followed a little later. My first gun was a P14-45 in 93 right after they smoothed the frame and made it less chunky.

These days... lots of better options for your money.
    No time machine. But thank you for the info.

Site Supporter
    I have a Para P14 in 45 and a Para P16 in 40. Used both a long time ago in USPSA "Limited" competition. Both of mine work reliably contrary to popular feedback. Mine stay in the back of the safe and rarely come out. They served a specific purpose for a specific type of pistol competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have a Para P14 in 45 and a Para P16 in 40. Used both a long time ago in USPSA "Limited" competition. Both of mine work reliably contrary to popular feedback. Mine stay in the back of the safe and rarely come out. They served a specific purpose for a specific type of pistol competition.
    Thank you Ranger.

I don't think I've seen a Para for sale since Remington bought them out. Wish I had gotten a P14 back when they were widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedMailman View Post
    I don't think I've seen a Para for sale since Remington bought them out. Wish I had gotten a P14 back when they were widely available.
    There are 11 on Gunbroker.

I bought a P-14 back in 95. Carried it in the SO Academy after it had a trip to Ed Vandenburg at Vandenburg Custom. It ran amazingly reliably through the Academy (about 2000 rounds). Won top gun with it. That being said, it rarely gets brought out now. Lighter, better options. I can have 18 rounds of 9 for less size/weight/recoil/cost.... 40oz empty plus 3 full mags got heavy.

Mine ran and still runs, but technology marches on. For a fun gun, it’s fun. For a fighting gun, there is far better theses days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List