Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 vs. Gen 2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I lucked out and it has the silver trigger bar. I really wish with these older guns that I could find out the history. If it was a department issued piece, it would be kinda cool to find out which department. My Gen 2 G19 has the same trigger components as this one.

That is the plan! I’m not a great 25 yard shooter, usually low 90’s on B8’s with my Gen 5, but I should be able to see a difference based on my score.
    Given the age an unknown round could I would just go a head and replace all the springs in the gun, especially the slide lock spring.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-03-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Given the age an unknown round could I would just go a head and replace all the springs in the gun, especially the slide lock spring.
    That’s probably not a bad idea. I don’t have replacements for them all and it’s just a training gun, so I’ll throw caution to the wind.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Great find Clobber and thanks for the informative post! Makes me wish I could find an early gen2 that much more. One day maybe...
    I saw a few on Gunbroker last week. If you check regularly and are patient, you can definitely find one.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That was an awesome post!! And I agree, it is amazing how little Glock has needed to change in all this time.

Near the extractor on the G2 is a glock logo. Same spot on the G5 is a funky looking design around a "P". Does anyone know the significance of that?
    As I understand it

US made Glocks have the P in the outline of Georgia there where the proofmark goes

Austrian made guns for the US market have the Glock logo

Guns made for CIP countries have the proof mark of the country they're assembled and proofed in.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Indeed. I always do the same when buying a used Glock.

https://www.glockparts.com/custom/SPGKIT17.htm

Just 27 bucks for piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    As I understand it

US made Glocks have the P in the outline of Georgia there where the proofmark goes

Austrian made guns for the US market have the Glock logo

Guns made for CIP countries have the proof mark of the country they're assembled and proofed in.
    Yeah I was guessing that much. Just wondering specifically about the "P"

Possibly for Proof? Im not sure if the overpressure rounds are shot in the US build guns, can try find out.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

The staked front sight was the default option from Glock when buying factory installed night sights. My gen 3 19 had those.

You could also take your gun to the Smyrna facility and have an armorer install them for a very reasonable price.

Have you had a chance to shoot it Clobber or are you also in the part of the Country getting pummeled with snow?

For as old as it is, I do like my police trade-in G17.2. I threw some Dawson Adjustable FO fronts on there, some Talon grips, a grip plug, and extended mag release, and it’s now kind of my dedicated GSSF gun. Definitely cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List