Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building a reloading bench

I needed a small portable setup so I took a cheap workstation table from Harbor Freight and doubled the top with 5/8" plywood over the particle board. Works fine for my RCBS Piggyback II and an identical table works for my shooting partner's Dillon 550B.

https://www.harborfreight.com/adjust...ion-46725.html
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

In my previous experience reloading, I’d advise bolting to the wall if in any way possible. It solves for a lot of potential issues without going into a lot of detail about it.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Here's plans for mine. You can make your own adjustments if it really bugs you that the middle leg isn't centered. I made two of these down in my basement, just goes together with 3" screws. The back section is bolted to the wall, if you wanted it free-standing just put legs on both sides but I'd then recommend using bolts (not screws) for the legs to really tighten it down and prevent it from becoming loose over time.

Material list:
    • (2) 96" 2x4's (or a 16' 2x4 cut in half) NOT a 92-5/8" precut, it'll be too short
    • (1) 10' 2x4, for the 21" pieces
    • (1) sheet of plywood, 1/2" should be plenty but bigger is better - local lumberyard may have 2'x8' rips which is all you need
    • (1) 4x4x8' for (3) 30" legs -or- 4x4x10' for (3) 36" legs - double that if you want 6 legs
    • 3" screws to secure all 2x4's
    • 1-1/4" screws for securing plywood (use 1-5/8" if you use 3/4" plywood)
    • 5" bolts/nuts/washers if you want to bolt the legs on
    • 3" x 1/4" Tapcon anchors with washers if securing to foundation wall (recommend 1 between each span, more never hurts)
    • Beer to bribe friend to help hold top up before securing to wall

I also made mine 36" tall just because I wanted to, that's a standard kitchen countertop height while 30" is a standard kitchen table height. Pro tip: put the plywood top on after you mount it to the wall and secure legs.
    Scan_0130.pdf

Another option is to go buy IKEA hardwood counter tops. They are pretty cheap and ~1inch think. I think I paid less than 90 bucks for a top. I use them as desk tops.

Don't forget the beer fridge...

http://instagram.com/p/BuH-o4mHpaK/

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Don't forget the beer fridge...

http://instagram.com/p/BuH-o4mHpaK/
    Well... There's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Well... There's an idea
    Genius, eh?

User Tag List