Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Gov. Northam and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

VA Gov. Northam and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/03/polit...nce/index.html

“(CNN)If Ralph Northam hoped to use his extraordinary press conference on Saturday to convince top Virginia Democrats to side with him as others call for his swift resignation, the governor failed.

Stunningly.

Northam's hour-long news conference about a racist photo showing one person dressed in blackface and another in the Ku Klux Klan's signature white hood and robes in his medical school yearbook page was an inflection point in the saga that now drags into its third day. The bizarre press conference at the governor's mansion featured denials that he ever dressed up in a KKK robe and hood, pledges that he was never drunk enough to forget a situation like that and a revelation that Northam once did darken his face to resemble Michael Jackson during a dance contest in 1984.”

I think he’ll get a phone call today, maybe from Obama. My guess is he will be gone before kickoff.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-03-2019 at 06:14 AM.

On the plus side, if he steps down, he can always toss his hat in the ring for 2020 on the (D) ticket. [emoji38]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 02-03-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Anyone else surprised that he’s getting this much attention? I really expected this to be swept under the rug, at least from the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Anyone else surprised that he’s getting this much attention? I really expected this to be swept under the rug, at least from the left.
    He brought too much heat down on the pro-abortion movement with his infanticide comments the other day.
    The Dems have to throw him under the bus because post-birth "abortion" (actual infanticide) like he was describing doesn't play anywhere except with the extreme left pro-abortion crowd.
    The blackface picture was just a really convenient way to eject him without bringing any more attention to the abortion issue right now.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Well all we need now is Christine Blasey Ford to claim she was at the party and witnessed "coonman" in the Klan outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Gov. Northam, holding a news conference, states he is not the person in the photo.
    I am honored and humbled to announce that Gov. Northam has hired me and not OJ to find the real racists.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    He brought too much heat down on the pro-abortion movement with his infanticide comments the other day.
    The Dems have to throw him under the bus because post-birth "abortion" (actual infanticide) like he was describing doesn't play anywhere except with the extreme left pro-abortion crowd.
    The blackface picture was just a really convenient way to eject him without bringing any more attention to the abortion issue right now.
    That he is choosing to not resign makes me think that he didn’t appreciate the taste of rubber from the Democratic bus. I suspect that he initially tried to do some emergency damage control with an early apology. Then, he and his wife sat down and calculated there was little chance that anyone could prove that he is the guy under the hood. Part of that calculation is that, unlike what would happen to a potential SCOTUS nominee, nobody is likely to expend the resources to hunt down the year book’s editor or whoever might have snapped that photo.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    I am honored and humbled to announce that Gov. Northam has hired me and not OJ to find the real racists.
    They were seen in Chicago last week outside a Subway with some bleach and a noose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    That he is choosing to not resign makes me think that he didn’t appreciate the taste of rubber from the Democratic bus. I suspect that he initially tried to do some emergency damage control with an early apology. Then, he and his wife sat down and calculated there was little chance that anyone could prove that he is the guy under the hood. Part of that calculation is that, unlike what would happen to a potential SCOTUS nominee, nobody is likely to expend the resources to hunt down the year book’s editor or whoever might have snapped that photo.
    Granted.

But he should have thought of that Friday.

He's demonstrated pretty poor judgment for someone who is the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

And to come out at the news conference, say he wasn't the guy in the blackface in the picture, but then bring up the fact he used shoe polish at a dance contest to impersonate Michael Jackson?

I literally slapped my forehead when he said that. I had to turn and ask my wife, "did he really just say that?"

He is now a punching bag for literally anyone to castigate until he leaves office (in what, three years?) unless he does the right thing and resigns.

"The Democrats are the party of the KKK; just look at Northam."

"How can you POSSIBLY have an opinion on racism when YOUR OWN PARTY has a guy in blackface / Klan Hood (select one) in office as a Governor?"

And so on.

User Tag List