Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Gov. Northam and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

VA Gov. Northam and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

First, he seemingly advocates for infanticide while trying to provide a progressive non-answer to a tough question on 3rd trimester abortion. Then, a photo surfaces from the good’ol days with him either in blackface or wearing a Klan hood. Poor Gov. Northam just can’t catch a break and by most accounts will be soon relegated to practicing medicine in the prison system (he was a pediatric neurologist before jumping into politics).
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I’m not seeing how the Progressive Media Outrage Machine allows Northam to remain unpunished when there is sarc AN AKTUAL RACISS IN THE WHITE HOUSE /sarc.

He’s already apologized and it’s possible he manages to squeak through and keep his job, but man I don’t see how.

Who in the hell is stupid enough, or has the mental capacity of a newt, to think it’s ok to be in Blackface, or with a guy in a White Pointed Hood, in their college yearbook no less?

I went to UVA ‘77-‘81, and knew several folks from Lexington. Generally they were no different than most attending school - just trying to get a good education. Did we have actual racist assholes? Yep. Could Gov. Northam be one? Yep. Should he resign? Yep, definitely. Guy is a national embarrassment.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-02-2019 at 05:11 AM.

And a one...

“Pressure intensifies on Northam to resign as key allies pull their support...”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/polit...ign/index.html
    Last edited by RJ; 02-02-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Do we know much about the person who would replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Do we know much about the person who would replace him?
    https://www.ltgov.virginia.gov/

“Justin, 39, has been recognized as one of the top young attorneys in the nation and a rising star in American politics. He is a prominent and highly successful lawyer, political figure, philanthropist, and a proud husband, father, and community leader. In 2013, at the age of 34, Justin was awarded the National Bar Association’s “Nation’s Best Advocates Award,” which recognizes 40 top attorneys nationwide under the age of 40. He currently works as a Litigation Partner in the Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. offices of the international law firm Morrison & Foerster LLP.”
    Last edited by RJ; 02-02-2019 at 06:07 AM.

As a Virginian, I’m deeply disappointed in the statements of these two Senators:

https://www.richmond.com/news/virgin...13011fb5b.html

“U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va.:

“The racist photo from Governor Northam’s 1984 yearbook is horrible. This causes pain in a state and a country where centuries of racism have already left an open wound. I hope the Governor — whose career as an Army officer, pediatrician and public official has always manifested a commitment to justice and equality for all — now takes the time to listen to those he has hurt and reflect on how to move forward.”

U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va.:

"This photo is shocking and deeply offensive, all the more so because of Virginia's long and painful history of racism and violence toward African Americans. The Governor must now listen to the people and communities he has hurt, and carefully consider what comes next."
    Last edited by RJ; 02-02-2019 at 09:19 AM.

He was talking about drinking beer too. Is that no longer a problem?

It was different times. Now everybody gets offended about something.

Does anyone here think that he'll actually resign?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 02-02-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Different Era back then.

I was a Soph/Junior in high school when that picture was taken.

In the 80's, as well as some of 90's, my parents would get together with their whole block and go to a Halloween costume party every year sponsored by one of the local civic clubs.
    My parents were two of the biggest liberal democrats I've ever known, the rest of the block was a mixture of liberals and conservatives.
    My mother dedicated the last 2-3 decades of her career working for the county DSS where she took poor kids (mostly black) out of bad situations, and later moved into the adoption services division.

One year they all dressed as rastafarians, and part of those costumes was black face.

Nobody raised an eyebrow, certainly no screams of racism.

What's next?
    Find some audio tape of him as a pre-teen listening to and speaking along with a Richard Pryor tape using the N word; and saying that disqualifies him from office???

cc

I expressed my opinions on this matter in a thread in the "Coterie Club".

(I hadn't yet come across the present thread when I started one there.)

Not an example of America at its best no matter which side of the equation you approach this matter from. Those folks seeking political advantage and gain via their staged outrage are no better than the perpetrators of the ill conceived transgression at the heart of the matter.

Seems like there's plenty of racism to go around in the rush to judgment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List