Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Durable Boots for Hiking and Work ?

Damn it. I’d been trying not to buy those — my Merrells aren’t technically worn out.

If the GR2 ever goes on sale don’t tell me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Damn it. I’d been trying not to buy those — my Merrells aren’t technically worn out.

If the GR2 ever goes on sale don’t tell me.
    If you’ve been wanting them and it’s not a financial hardship to buy a pair, go ahead and place an order. The worst that happens is they sit in a box until you wear out your Merrells.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Durable Boots for Hiking and Work ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If you’ve been wanting them and it’s not a financial hardship to buy a pair, go ahead and place an order. The worst that happens is they sit in a box until you wear out your Merrells.
    Yes sir, did that before I even posted. I will post a review in a few weeks.
    Last edited by JAD; 07-06-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Yes sir, did that before I even posted. I will post a review in a few weeks.
    I do know exactly how you feel though, my current pair of Salomon Quests is practically new. I’ll try remember not to share any GR2 sales for you.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Anyone gotten their GoRucks? I gave in on the last day and ordered a pair but I haven’t heard anything since the order.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Anyone gotten their GoRucks? I gave in on the last day and ordered a pair but I haven’t heard anything since the order.
    I didn't hear anything between confirmation and shipping (ordered on the 7th, shipped on the 16th).

Durable Boots for Hiking and Work ?

I’m returning mine. The construction is seriously weird. The upper is essentially a nylon sack, which gathers around the ankle leaving creases. Hard pass.

On the other hand, I’m digging the shit out of a pair of Merrell Trail Glove 4s. Excellent packable runners, replacing old and busted Nike Frees.

Merrell will sell me my hiking boots in the future. They don’t make the Annex anymore — mine still have a year or two left in them — but generally I dig their chili.
    Last edited by JAD; 07-20-2019 at 06:31 AM.

I had to return my first pair. The website states they are true to size so I ordered the same size I wear in practically every other shoe. They ended up being too large by about a half inch. I ordered a pair a size smaller and they should be coming this week.

I'm returning mine. They are just a bit too tight/small. They barely fit but I know if I wear them for more than an hour I would be hurting. And yes the uppers are an interesting nylon "jungle boot-esque" style without the stiffness. Not sure if I would like that long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Just FYI,

I have right at 200 miles on mine now and think that within their limitations they are about the best pair of boots I've ever owned. They're not perfect, but they're very, very good. I love the way these things fit my feet and I think they have a great balance between cushioning and responsiveness. I do wish they had better traction (although I spoke to customer service and they say a grippier sole is in the works to be released later this year) and I wish they made the black version in a full 8-inch version, but overall I've had a great experience with my MACV-1s in all sorts of terrain and environments. I don't compete in Goruck events, but I do a lot of hiking, rucking, and backpacking on my own. Because of these boots I've almost completely retired both my Merrells and my Danners. Just add a sole with better traction and these Gorucks would be the perfect boot for me.
    Last edited by threedogdad; 07-24-2019 at 09:13 AM.

User Tag List