Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Durable Boots for Hiking and Work ?

The 'basic issue' Bellevilles that Cypher posted above are a good sub $170 boot that lasts a long time. I wore mine with Superfeet greens, if those count as orthotics.

edit: The other issued model Bellevilles, the desert 390s, totally sucked. Same company, same end user, two opposite boots.

@36trap Can the Lowa Tibets fit aftermarket insoles? The Lowas I've owned only fit right with the thin foam-like insoles that they came with.
    Last edited by pooty; 05-21-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    @36trap Can the Lowa Tibets fit aftermarket insoles? The Lowas I've owned only fit right with the thin foam-like insoles that they came with.
    Yes, Tibets have the volume needed for aftermarket insoles. I've worn them with Superfeet green, Superfeet orange, Sole EV's, and beefy custom orthotics when packing out heavy 150lb+ loads. Lowa Mountain Expert GTX is another boot that has enough volume for aftermarket insoles but it's even stiffer than a Tibet.

The Bellevilles mentioned are on sale for $80
    https://colemans.com/u-s-g-waterproo...r-combat-boots

Men's sizes 9-13

I use these Nikes for a lightweight (I prefer lightweight) boot. I can't recommend Lowas.
    #RESIST

Boots and shoes are one of those things that you just have to try until you find what works.

Over the years, I've learned that I have Kraut feet. Lowas and Miendls fit me very well. Asolo boots (Italian) are torture devices on my feet.

Garmonts fit me very well when I'm looking for a lighter weight boot. Their midsoles are rather firm if that is a benefit to you.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I have a lot of miles in these Keen Ventures this year. Light. Waterproof. Good traction and support. Recommended.
    https://amzn.to/2KRFrop

They also lack any reflective striping or other surfaces, unlike some other models.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-15-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I took a chance on some lightweight boots last year, and have been pleasantly surprised. Light weight, athletic shoe type fit, side zip, non gore-tex.

https://www.haixusa.com/

Made in Croatia, their bread and butter seem to be wildland firefighter boots, at almost $500 a pair. Their Tactical boot was listed at $199.00. A copy of my Firearms Instructor certificate and commission card got me a pair for $105.00. Best boot I have worn in years. After 12 months of 10-16 hours a day, long shifts on my feet, only the insoles seem to be suffering and needing replacement. They come only in standard width, but I would pay full price for them, and will likely get a second pair soon to alternate. The only real problem I have had is they have a lot of fabric, like the newly popular Heat Gear Patrol boots my squad loves so much. My second week wearing them included an area search of a construction site for copper thieves in calf deep mud. I can`t stand GTX boots. The fabric absorbed enough talc like silty mud that they a slightly less dark black. Not great for uniform appearance, but I have never been the spit shine guy. Made two arrests on that search, and at the hospital later they detailed a housekeeping woman to follow me around as the mud flaked off my boots and pants.

I will look into Whites, but these are my go-to now, especially since they are making them now in Coyote for range boots. They would also be great for first bow season hunts, wher the highs are in the 80s , lows in the 40s. I have worn them in 100 degree+ heat, down to the mid teens, with all kinds of precipitation.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-16-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    The Bellevilles mentioned are on sale for $80
    https://colemans.com/u-s-g-waterproo...r-combat-boots

Men's sizes 9-13
    I bought a brand new, still had the tags on them pair at my local surplus store for 20 bucks last Wednesday.

So, I managed to scrape through the end of winter, without buying boots.

Let's keep this simple I want a pair of boots that does everything well, never suck, and don't cost six arms and a leg. Too much to ask?

How about - A waterproof boot that looks good enough for an office (casual to biz-casual) environment, is good in the snow/slush, is flexible enough to drive a stickshift in, and will last 3+ winters. Prefer a 6" height, because I'm 5'7" and 10" boots come up to my knees.

Suggestions?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List