Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tourniquets 2022?

Tourniquets 2022?

It's time to restock/update my medical supplies, including tourniquets. I found the latest CoTCCC list: https://www.deployedmedicine.com/market/11/content/100 (use "view book" link)

Of those, I've had very basic training on the CAT, SOFTT-W, and RMT-T.

The CAT gen 7(genuine) and SOFTT-W used to be the standard recommendations. I liked the RMT in training but never used one for real. Any advice on those, or on the other newer options?

Thanks!

TMS SOF Tourniquet, latest version: https://tacmedsolutions.com/products/sof-tourniquet
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    TMS SOF Tourniquet, latest version: https://tacmedsolutions.com/products/sof-tourniquet
    Thanks! Hadn't seen the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Is that buckle now plastic?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Appears to be, but it is "rugged" Per the website:

The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Appears to be, but it is "rugged" Per the website: The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
    Sewn side is metal, slip side is polymer. New strap is softer, easier manipulate, less binding/resistance through the buckle, most observed during complex one-handed applications. Assistance clips break with repeated use on trainers but can be replaced or left off. I have hundreds of full tension applications on a batch of trainers and countless more lesser. Best version yet.

That RMT-T ratcheting torniquet looks interesting. On first glance it would be easier to operate.

I received one of the new TMS SOF tourniquets, and took a couple of photos to compare to two earlier versions.

Name:  IMG-4495.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  IMG-4493.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  IMG-4494.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  71.2 KB

The most apparent differences from the previous version are the softer webbing and the molded buckle. Haven't played with it yet.

It's also lighter:
    2014 version: 4.0 oz
    2020 version: 4.7 oz
    2021 version; 3.8 oz

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I received one of the new TMS SOF tourniquets, and took a couple of photos to compare to two earlier versions.

Name:  IMG-4495.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  IMG-4493.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  IMG-4494.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  71.2 KB

The most apparent differences from the previous version are the softer webbing and the molded buckle. Haven't played with it yet.

It's also lighter:
    2014 version: 4.0 oz
    2020 version: 4.7 oz
    2021 version; 3.8 oz
    Impressions on the plastic hardware? One of the things I like about the SOFTW is the metal hardware.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Impressions on the plastic hardware? One of the things I like about the SOFTW is the metal hardware.
    Stout, no issues, none predicted. Repetitive, extended use on trainers will tell.

User Tag List