Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "3 Gun Helped Me Survive"

"3 Gun Helped Me Survive"

Not directly related to USPSA (and this is Pistol Forum after all) but still a decent read.

https://www.agirlandagun.org/3-gun-helped-me-survive/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Awesome. Sharing that one around, thanks

Great read, win for the good guys.

So about that "killed in da streetz"?
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

A tac reload in the wild, they were only rumored to exist stateside.

Interesting to paint her as a "non-gun person" who shoots 3 gun. Most people that have been to a match of any kind I would consider gun people. A cop that knows their department training is inadequate definitely strikes me as a gun person. A peson who carries a 1911 on duty with 10 round mags and both proficient and comfortable with reloads strikes me as a gun person, cause that doesnt happen over night. Even less so a reload stowing a partial mag. Probably just folks trying to make it relatable.

Glad she was there. Wonder if any cars were struck. Cant help but think of some of Will Petty's VCQB videos about the door as cover for officers only working when suspects are compliant. As soon as shots are fired the vehicle rear is retreated too. Interesting stuff.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 02-03-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Interesting to paint her as a "non-gun person" who shoots 3 gun. Most people that have been to a match of any kind I would consider gun people. A cop that knows their department training is inadequate definitely strikes me as a gun person. A peson who carries a 1911 on duty with 10 round mags and both proficient and comfortable with reloads strikes me as a gun person, cause that doesnt happen over night. Even less so a reload stowing a partial mag. Probably just folks trying to make it relatable.

Glad she was there. Wonder if any cars were struck. Cant help but think of some of Will Petty's VCQB videos about the door as cover for officers only working when suspects are compliant. As soon as shots are fired the vehicle rear is retreated too. Interesting stuff.

-Cory
    I read it as the writer going for the "soccer mom just doing her job" angle. Regardless, great job.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Repetitive, practical handling, under stress, conducted off a KD square range without par times, fixed targets, or range kata, helped produce success.

Shocked.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I read it as the writer going for the "soccer mom just doing her job" angle. Regardless, great job.
    This is likely, though in LE and Mil there are well trained shooters who practice and train on their own who would say they are “not a gun person” because they don’t collect guns. They may have a couple personally owned working guns and take training on their own but are shooters, not gun nerds.

Outstanding work by Deputy Javes!

Very impressive under pressure, and I am delighted she was not injured, nor any other innocent parties.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Great read, win for the good guys.

So about that "killed in da streetz"?
    You'll have to ask Mr Mindset (Voodoo Man)

User Tag List