Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty-Grade LPVO at a Budget

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    There is a sale on Bushnell scopes here:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-E...-Specials.aspx
    any particular reason they are discounted $800, or being offered at only 42% of retail?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I have no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    any particular reason they are discounted $800, or being offered at only 42% of retail?
    I think I saw somewhere that these models were discontinued by the manufacturer. No idea if that's accurate or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I did some quick research because it seems like such a great deal and the only complaint I found about them is that the illumination is not “daylight bright” — which is the death knell for the tactical LPVO crowd. [ETA: which can seemingly mean anything from “can’t see the dot in normal daylight” to “can’t see the dot while looking through the scope at the noonday Arizona sun.”]
    Last edited by Xrslug; 09-16-2020 at 11:30 PM.

I bought two of the 1.6.5 Bushnell Pro's after selling a few items I do not need. Will go on a MK12 and a LWRC ICA2. I will see how there are over the next few months.

I ordered one as well. Should be here Wednesday. It'll go on a 12.5 and hopefully get sighted in this weekend.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Zeiss-CONQ...king-Sing.aspx

I have no idea if this will hold up, but its got the Zeiss name going for it. I personally have the Steiner P4xi and my only complaint is the lack of positive clicks on the illumination setting.

Further to the “duty grade” LPVO question, I found the following article interesting:
    https://www.defensereview.com/tactic...rossover-part/
    US Special Forces using Vortex Viper PST and Strike Eagle LPVOs in combat within the last few years — because they worked fine and the soldiers couldn’t afford fancier scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I ordered one as well. Should be here Wednesday. It'll go on a 12.5 and hopefully get sighted in this weekend.
    Do you have any initial impressions?

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    Further to the “duty grade” LPVO question, I found the following article interesting:
    https://www.defensereview.com/tactic...rossover-part/
    US Special Forces using Vortex Viper PST and Strike Eagle LPVOs in combat within the last few years — because they worked fine and the soldiers couldn’t afford fancier scopes.
    That article has been posted here before.

Be cautious about the “Special Forces uses it”

Sone dudes buying something for a deployment does not equal tested /issued/approved by the organization(s).

US SF, SOCOM etc issue the Vortex Razor 1-6 and the NF Atacr 1-8.

Not all SF units are issued LPVOs but many have “big boy” rules so guys that want LPVOs instead of ACOGs, Elian’s, M68s etc can buy and use their own optic.

HOWEVER, while those guys can all generally shoot, many are not “gun guys.” they often just use / know how to use what they are issued. They also have families, bills, child support etc so a guy who buys a Vioer PST may have it because it’s what he could afford vs thinking it is “just as good.” It could also be all they could get on short notice before a deployment.

Speaking of which “my strike eagle survived a deployment” can simply mean - I didn’t drop my rifle this time.

And if they do drop that strike eagle and break it, they can always swap back to their issued optic.

The PST is actually a solid optic. It is the same weight as the original and doesn’t have the locking /protected rheostat so it can bump on your gear and kill your battery but otherwise it’s GTG if you don’t need the weight savings of the E model Eazor.

User Tag List