Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Duty-Grade LPVO at a Budget

Has anyone checked out the Athlon 1-10x? It seems like a competitor to the Vortex Razor Gen III at about half the price however I am not sure about where it is made.

Site Supporter
    I bought one of these Bushnell 1-6.5 on sale a while back and EuroOptic is still selling them on discount. https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-S...e-ET71624.aspx

I do not have a lot of time on it but it yet seems like an extraordinary scope for the price. I am not a glass quality snob but it probably some of the best pure optical glass I have. I put it on a 16 inch AR. My only grips it is kind of heavy.

I like the discontinued Leupold VX-R series for my "lighter rifles" - I picked up some of the VX-Rs like new locally.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I bought one of these Bushnell 1-6.5 on sale a while back and EuroOptic is still selling them on discount. https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-S...e-ET71624.aspx

I do not have a lot of time on it but it yet seems like an extraordinary scope for the price. I am not a glass quality snob but it probably some of the best pure optical glass I have. I put it on a 16 inch AR. My only grips it is kind of heavy.

I like the discontinued Leupold VX-R series for my "lighter rifles" - I picked up some of the VX-Rs like new locally.
    I'm still enjoying my FDE "Pro" version of this scope. It has capped turrets, a fixed PTL, and weighs 17oz.

Glass is indeed good. Reticle is simple and usable. At $600 I don't think I could have found a better option.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Just came back from the range today after zeroing the new Recce threw together on the lower that once belonged to my cheap-o PSA 11.5" upper. After shooting my Optika6 1-6 and my ZD 1-4 (both by Meopta), I have to say that I think the Optika6 1-6 SFP is the best <$1k LPVO on the market, beating out the Gen 2 Viper PST 1-6 (which I also own).

The glass on the Optika6 is definitely much clearer with less chromatic aberration and more clarity at 200M, and it weighs about 3oz less to boot. The only downside is the illumination on the Optika6 is not going to be daylight bright like the PST, so if you're looking for red dot performance at 1x in daylight, you'll want the Vortex product. Otherwise I am definitely a Meopta convert. Highly underrated products for the money, IMO. Check them out next time you're in the market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'm still enjoying my FDE "Pro" version of this scope. It has capped turrets, a fixed PTL, and weighs 17oz.

Glass is indeed good. Reticle is simple and usable. At $600 I don't think I could have found a better option.
    I bought two of these for my short range hunting rifles. One on a 6.8 SPC and the other on a similarly set up 5.56. I really like these scopes for close range hunting. The illumination does not get "daylight" bright; however, the other side of that is the illumination gets very dim. In very low light, I can set it dim enough that it doesn't wash out my view. I took a nice buck right at the end of hunting light back in December.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Hmmm, I might have to try the 1-6. I have 2 of the 1-4 Accupowers both with the red segmented circle. The eye box is very generous but the illumination could stand to be a little better. If the 1-6 offers more than just more magnification, it’s gotta be quite a scope.

Thanks for the reply.
    I no longer have them side by side to compare, but I do think the illumination was a bit brighter on the 1-6 as well. Everyone has a different idea of how bright they need their LPVO, but for me- the 1-6 Credo with red segmented circle is plenty bright enough for full sunlight use.

Has anyone gotten to try out the Athlon ETR 1-10x? I like the reticle (and price) over the vortex but I'd be buying sight unseen...

User Tag List