Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty-Grade LPVO at a Budget

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Never dealt with this company before, but just ordered due to your post. Seemed like good price. Thanks.
    Let us know how it turns out
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Yikes! Steiner has drastically increased the MSRP on the P4XI:

https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/p4xi-1-4x24

Never dealt with this company before, but just ordered due to your post. Seemed like good price. Thanks.
    I just bought a 4-16 from them, no complaints. They are a vendor on a long range forum I frequent and have shining review so I think they’re GTG, but let me know how your experience is.

As always I’m happy to enable.

They have been a huge photography equipment vendor for quite some time, along with B&H and 42nd Street Photo. I wouldn't expect you to have any issues.

Cameraland NY is solid. Doug is active on a bunch of forums and I don't recall ever hearing a bad word about him. I've bought a few things from him over the years.

Site Supporter

Vortex Defender Scope Caps for Steiner P4Xi

FYI--The eyepiece is 44.25 mm diameter and the objective is 30.05 mm. The Vortex Defender E-10 and O-24 fit perfectly. From the Big Empty, ELN.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    If you’re in the market and don’t mind an open box....... https://cameralandny.com/shop/brands...iation=1914953
    These guys earned a customer. Upgraded me to new in sealed box and included throw ring. Shipped super fast. Thanks again for the lead.

These guys earned a customer. Upgraded me to new in sealed box and included throw ring. Shipped super fast. Thanks again for the lead.
    Doug's the man

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yikes! Steiner has drastically increased the MSRP on the P4XI:

https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/p4xi-1-4x24
    Yowzer! I bought mine for $478 new from Optics Planet on Black Friday 2017.

The new Geissele 1-6 (in either tan or black) are in stock.

Retail price is fairly high so it probably doesn't fit the "budget" label. But G runs sales occasionally so this new scope might be something to keep an eye on.

Right off the bat I'm turned off by the weight. 1.5 pounds without a mount. For comparison the Leupold VX6HD has a published weight of 1.01 pounds. The Steiner p4xi is 1.08 without caps. Strange that they list it without caps but whatever.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 02-10-2020 at 05:03 PM.

User Tag List