Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ClinchPick sheath coming

New ClinchPick sheath coming

Almost ready. My concept of the most concealable sheath for a ClinchPick knife, with the deep input from @Tony Mayer (JM Custom Kydex), is almost ready for the unveiling. After six months of finding what was needed to make it the sheath we wanted, we just have to get past the final T&E (a run with all the Shivworks Collective guys), and then it will be available for the public. I’m shooting for having it online by the Rangemaster Tac Conference.

I did not want to just design a sheath to say I designed one. I wanted it to fill a need, and the need I saw is for one that maintains the whole point of the CP - the forward of the hip position, the downward diagonal angle, and the ease of access in an entanglement - but maximized the concealability. I think the original tek-lok sheath is the best for pure speed and ease of access/deployment, but is not that concealable for most people most of the time. I think the Dark Star Gear is the most comfortable and easiest to carry, while still being awesome at access (maybe a bit less so than the tek-lok), but again, I have talked to a bunch of people who have issues with concealing it.

There is no free lunch. If you want to maximize something somewhere, something else is going to suffer somewhat. With mine, it is a teeny less easy to access than the tek-lok, and is not quite as comfortable as the DSG, but I feel it will be the best when someone needs the most out of concealment. So whatever you feel the need most of, you will have the ability to fill that need with the correct sheath. I personally rarely use the tek-lok, but I will still be using the DSG one regularly, when life is more casual and I can wear the clothes I want.

Name:  CP sheath teaser.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  56.6 KB
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 01-30-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

You tease...

Ankle tease at that.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

@Cecil Burch
    Would those new sheaths fit any CPs? E.g. the China pick modded by Joe Watson or Ban's CPs?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    @Cecil Burch
    Would those new sheaths fit any CPs? E.g. the China pick modded by Joe Watson or Ban's CPs?

The sheath is designed around the China Picks, since that is the most prolific version. But because of the design of the sheath, it should accommodate almost any of them. Mine fits my ChinaPick, my original Trace Rinaldi CP, and my Ti Ban Tang. The sheath is not held by the handle (the handle has a very tiny contact with the sheath), so as long as there are no mods to the blade itself, it will most likely work.

No guarantees it will fit them all, but it looks pretty promising.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 01-30-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Name:  pick me.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  44.0 KB

Yes, please.

Excellent, I’m in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    The sheath is designed around the China Picks, since that is the most prolific version. But because of the design of the sheath, it should accommodate almost any of them. Mine fits my ChinaPick, my original Trace Rinaldi CP, and my Ti Ban Tang. The sheath is not held by the handle (the handle has a very tiny contact with the sheath), so as long as there are no mods to the blade itself, it will most likely work.

No guarantees it will fit them all, but it looks pretty promising.
    Ooh, that is a much more positive answer than I was expecting to this question. I'll be in also, even though I have to use a folder the 80% of the time I'm in my state.

This was a pretty cool project to work on! Stoked we are finally getting it out to the public....SOON!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Good to see this. My first CP’s sheath is cracked. (Old Trace Rinaldi mid-tech.)

User Tag List