Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New ClinchPick sheath coming

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    And the sheath is going to be tight on every belt for the most part. It is designed to be held very securely to maximize concealment so the penalty for that it is not easy on/easy off. I wish I could hav efigured out a way to do that and have the concealment, but this was as good as it could get.
    I hope I did not come across as whining... I think this is a game changer for my clinch pick. I had stopped carrying it because it was uncomfortable and printed way too much. It is much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I really like the sheath!

Cecil... what belt is this. I got my sheath in and it is a little tight on my Graith belt.
    Flamingo, really happy you like the sheath! Like Cecil said, it was designed from the get go to be snug on the belt, that is part of the design features. You can try and add one of the shims (there was 2 more included with the sheath that we designed to add more "tuck" to the kicker ((that is the screw and white nylon washer)) , to the bottom V of the belt loop, that will give you a bit more space possibly. Remember though, there is never a free lunch, easier belt install means a bit more play on the belt and may effect concealment. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I hope I did not come across as whining...

Not at all. It is just an opportunity to make sure people in general understand the niche of the sheath and reiterate some of the underlying ideas we had for it.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    I’m really loving the way the sheath conceals!
    It almost disappears. I was dubious at first due to how much it stands off from the pants; but after several international and domestic flights I’m sold. The only “downside” for me is having to thread/unthread the sheath in a hurry. But I’ll take that trade off for how well it conceals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a short video showing some of the features of the sheath and some tips on setting it up properly.

I recently acquired a CP & trainer and I definitely want a better sheath than the OEM. For those using this with a Graith, how are you dealing with the trailing end of the belt? Are you threading the doubled up portion through the sheath and then tightening it or reversing the belt and running the tail over your holster attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I recently acquired a CP & trainer and I definitely want a better sheath than the OEM. For those using this with a Graith, how are you dealing with the trailing end of the belt? Are you threading the doubled up portion through the sheath and then tightening it or reversing the belt and running the tail over your holster attachment?

Most people I know who carry AIWB and a CP forward of the hips will run the buckle of any belt to the right of the pistol. That is the best way to keep the trailing end out of the way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Most people I know who carry AIWB and a CP forward of the hips will run the buckle of any belt to the right of the pistol. That is the best way to keep the trailing end out of the way.
    Yeah, the gig line is for uniform....but my wilderness frequent flyer that I have set up with velcro as an under belt puts the rings on my left hip so the most velcro possible is on my gun side. I had a friend in high school who wore his belt buckle off center "cause I don't need no hood ornament".

When I started playing with AIWB I migrated to an off center belt buckle, and for a long time went back and forth about which hip was better for the buckle to be in front of.

pat

New ClinchPick sheath coming

I’m wearing a Graith with the buckle at 12:00, right next to the holster. The Velcro side goes left, over the Clinch Pick. The belt needs to be long enough to have the Velcro tip at 9:00.

This setup is the best compromise I’ve come up with that lets me loosen after a meal or drop my pants for #2 without major readjustment.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-17-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I wear mine on a Graith belt and leave it attached all the time. The Graith buckle is small enough that I can thread it through my belt loops.

User Tag List