Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Defoor all black sights for Glocks

RFI: Defoor all black sights for Glocks

Looking for some opinions on the Defoor all black sights made by ameriglo. These would be for my EDC non-rmr Glock 19, 26, and 48/43x and for defensive purposes not competition.

Also open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Looking for some opinions on the Defoor all black sights made by ameriglo. These would be for my EDC non-rmr Glock 19, 26, and 48/43x and for defensive purposes not competition.

Also open to other suggestions.

Thanks!
    Good sights, if you are on a budget and don’t want night sights but they would be a 3rd choice for me.

I would likely add some hi vis paint or nail polish to the front.

Brownells has the Ameriglo Agent sights for $89 most times. They would be my first choice as they have a high vis front and inconspicuous tritium.

Second choice would be something like a defoor /heinie / Warren rear with a fiber optic front if I did not want night sights.

Black Sights

I've carried Warren Sevigny black sights for years. I prefer ramped front sights. They're a fine option if black is what you want.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I have the black Defoors on two of my Glocks. Personally, I like them very much. It's just a good clean sight picture.

Defoor has said elsewhere why he doesn't think you need hi-viz sights. Whether you agree or not, he doesn't seem to need them.

I'll try to remember to get you pics of the sight picture when I get home.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 01-30-2019 at 11:19 AM.

i have Defoor sights on all glocks except 1 in my house. I like them. The one that's not a Defoor sight is a Warren sight with similar dimensions.

There is (or used to be) a Defoor sight with a tritium front. It was wider than the non tritium version and the tritium was at the bottom of the front sight. I did not like those mainly due to the front sight being wider. I like the skinny front.
    Last edited by MEH; 01-30-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

They’re rock-solid sights, if your eyes are still young. I used to like them a lot.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

In my experience they're great bullseye sights. However, I found them to be lacking trying to track them at speed, in sub-optimal lighting conditions, etc. I prefer hi vis sights with tritium. You can still be accurate with hi vis sights too.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Hammertime
    I like them and use them as a first try. If I like how they regulate at 25, I will keep them.

Often, though, I end up going Dawson Charger or Carry with a front fiber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Brownells has the Ameriglo Agent sights for $89 most times. They would be my first choice as they have a high vis front and inconspicuous tritium.
    Those look nice, but $120 right now for Glocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Those look nice, but $120 right now for Glocks!
    $80 from forum member @JSGlock34

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ts-(Glock-9mm)

I dig 'em (on the right)

Last edited by ASH556; 01-30-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List