Thread: Concealed Carry-Mike Pannone

Concealed Carry-Mike Pannone

Good stuff from Noner:

Excellent as always. Thanks for the post!

Noner’s Covert Carry class is probably one of the finest classes I’ve ever taken. I would love to repeat it someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have taken Covert Carry twice, once with a split front garment OWB behind the hip and once AIWB. Tremendous class and I would not hesitate to take it again. Mike is one of my favorite trainers, and that class is the most practically useful training I have taken on my own dime.

I would have really liked to have been in on those early close contact fighting trials he describes. I really liked his comment that at a certain distance you pretty much have to fight. Unfortunately, while still in good condition, I have some injuries that limit me in that regard nowadays. I keep eyeballing ECQC, but I can feel my ortho smacking me in the back of the head lol.
    Last edited by PD Sgt.; 01-31-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Polite Professional

I like his distinction between “concealed/covered carry” and “covert carry”. He also makes a good argument about AIWB being better for weapons retention (which I know has been discussed here before).

Sometimes I consider returning to hip or behind the hip carry, but I can’t help think of how badly it printed for me in the past when I had to bend or squat at times. I imagine it’d be a little worse chasing a 3 y/o around the playground. Arguably I could look at a smaller gun like a Glock 26, but I don’t care much for them due to not being able to get my hands on them as well.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 01-31-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I like his distinction between “concealed/covered carry” and “covert carry”. He also makes a good argument about AIWB being better for weapons retention (which I know has been discussed here before).

Sometimes I consider returning to hip or behind the hip carry, but I can’t help think of how badly it printed for me in the past when I had to bend or squat at times. I imagine it’d be a little worse chasing a 3 y/o around the playground. Arguably I could look at a smaller gun like a Glock 26, but I don’t care much for them due to not being able to get my hands on them as well.
    Exactly. When I had the wee one's back in the early '90's it was all AIWB for that reason. Schlepping support gear, in and out of car seats. Sheesh.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

same issue, I have a 2 1/2 year old and another one about to be born. I appendix carry a 9mm commander and cant manage a double stack in that role with my son. Prints way too much. G19s are on house duty with tlr1s on them in quick access safes (i don't carry in my house, I rely on german shepherd overwatch.) Hoping the g48 will be the perfect "dad gun" for me.

User Tag List