Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wilson Combat Brig Tac - would you buy it again?

New member here. I have two Brig Tacs, so at some point I did buy it again (actually, I traded for the second one but similar idea). However, after concealed carrying one for a year, I would say that the Brigadier slide does not provide any real added benefit. It is heavy, but doesn't bother me. I carry it in either a Mastermind Tactics AIWB (now discontinued) or JMCK AIWB 2.0.

I also don't particularly like the Wilson rear sights. The parkerized finish is not as durable as nitride, so it gets distracting shiny spots quickly that need touch up. I also do not like the plunge cut where there is a circular flat area of the rear sight that contrasts with the serrations. I wish it had a flat serrated surface like the 10-8 style rear sights. I may just get the flat, square notch version as I'm neutral about the U notch. I have this version on my regular 92FS and like it a bit better although wish it was nitrided.

I do particularly like the frame checkering, 92A1 style trigger guard reshaping, 4.7" crowned barrel, traditional G levers (instead of the new G conversion kit you see on the LTT Elite or M9A3 G), and the Wilson regular thickness VZ grips. At this point, I'm debating switching my carry to a Cent Tac or getting an LTT Elite. I'm a bit conflicted with the Cent Tac because although I like the regular weight slide, I don't really need a shorter slide and prefer the full length 92 slides. The other thing I thought about was swapping a Vertec slide onto my Brig Tac, with better sights such as the LTT Spartan or some other combination. However, most people don't get a WC Beretta in order to turn it into a Frankenretta, so I do feel a little funny doing something like that.

Recoils feels better to me with the brigadier slide. The sights on the brig tac are medicine, the front night sight is difficult to see and the rear u notch is distracting but easily replaced with the Les pepperoni sight. I like the look of the round trigger guard and the single slot rail but they have since switched to the two slot rail.

The LTT has better small features such as the radius ING, the better checkering, the front cocking serrations, etc. It's a good looking gun. The sights are very usable. The price is excellent for what you get. The grips are too thin for me.

If it was me making the choice now, I would get an LTT, do a trigger job with the Wilson bar/buy the trigger job//buy the trigger job in a bag, and buy some Lok grips of normal thickness and you'll be at the price of a new brig tac without any extras, more or less. The brigadier slide is nice but the brig tac gets beat in about every other way including price. This isn't to say don't buy more things though.

There was no LTT version when I bought my Wilson BT. I added the LTT TJIB, fiber optic front sight and it’s a great pistol. Buying today, I’d pick the LTT version.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    There was no LTT version when I bought my Wilson BT. I added the LTT TJIB, fiber optic front sight and it’s a great pistol. Buying today, I’d pick the LTT version.
    I now have both and I'd be hard pressed to chose a favorite. I wish that the LTT came in an all black finish but that is certainly possible with some parts changes. As a lefty, I will say that I find the new ambi right side safety lever on the LTT a bit sharp compared to the classic ambi on the Wilson but it sure isn't a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    I now have both and I'd be hard pressed to chose a favorite. I wish that the LTT came in an all black finish but that is certainly possible with some parts changes. As a lefty, I will say that I find the new ambi right side safety lever on the LTT a bit sharp compared to the classic ambi on the Wilson but it sure isn't a deal breaker.
    I thought the G conversion levers looked a bit odd, but that's disappointing to hear that they feel sharp for a left handed user. I suspect they tear holes in my shirt more than the classic levers do, but I pretty much only wear Target and Wal-Mart shirts now, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I wish the LTT used the classic levers, but I understand that they wanted to standardize the slide machining and it also allows conversion back and forth between G and F styles. The choice of lever style kind of pushed me to get a Cent Tac instead when I was looking to get another factory custom type Beretta. I also didn't care for the LTT's two tone look, but that seems to be part of the Elite styling and is a minor cosmetic concern.

User Tag List