Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Brig Tac - would you buy it again?

Good deals can be found on used ones. I've owned two, shot them a fair amount, and didn't lose any money when I sold them.
    Sell them I did though. As nice as they were, I didn't shoot them that much better than a regular M9. Although, the G style decocker is a must. But then again, I'm bound to M9s for military competitions for now.
    If I was buying new,with new prices, it would be a LTT.
    Last edited by CalmlyDeMented; 02-06-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Just an update - Brig Tac (sans action work) came in have to say well worth the cash. Super nice gun and I really like the balance. Front night sight was DOA so a bit of a bummer, but I'm sure BUSA will sort it out at some point. Trigger is really crisp and the grips feel a bit more grabby, which I really like. Beretta is really turning out some nice 92s lately. A big shout out to Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon for leading the way and helping to bring these great series to the market. Now I'm thinking that a M9A3 might be in order...

I have a WC Brig Tac and like it very much. I had always wanted a 92 series since getting out of the military. It’s obviously more polished than a straight up 92F.

Now when the M9A3 came out I liked the option between the Vertec and full grip. I still felt the Brig Tac was the right choice. But now that I’ve seen the new 2 tone versions... It’s not worth changing out to me, but if I was buying today I’d snag a Grey/Black A3.

I have a Brig Tac. Very accurate; shoots flat and the heavy slide is good for rapid fire. It's too heavy to carry, though.

The Beretta I like best is the M9A3. I put new VZ grips on mine; put in a trigger job in a bag (but kept the existing trigger bar) and it is terrific. As accurate as the Brig Tac (which is saying something) and in my hands (which is saying nothing) I shoot it more accurately.

When I compare the M9A3 with the M-17, I shake my head about what the Army missed by refusing to even consider the A3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I have a Brig Tac. Very accurate; shoots flat and the heavy slide is good for rapid fire. It's too heavy to carry, though.

The Beretta I like best is the M9A3. I put new VZ grips on mine; put in a trigger job in a bag (but kept the existing trigger bar) and it is terrific. As accurate as the Brig Tac (which is saying something) and in my hands (which is saying nothing) I shoot it more accurately.

When I compare the M9A3 with the M-17, I shake my head about what the Army missed by refusing to even consider the A3.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree that the Brig Tac is too heavy to carry. I have been carrying mine IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 for a few weeks now and, especially during these winter months, I find it to carry very well. It is big and heavy, but I've found that with a good belt and holster, it carries nicely for me. I also shoot it very well. May go back to carrying my 92G CC, also in a Milt Sparks VM2, but we will see. Carrying a full size gun with 20+1 and 20 more on the hip feels nice.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

I loved the brig

But MY LTTs ruined it for me.

Now It feels heavy, wide and sharp in places it shouldn’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree that the Brig Tac is too heavy to carry. I have been carrying mine IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 for a few weeks now and, especially during these winter months, I find it to carry very well. It is big and heavy, but I've found that with a good belt and holster, it carries nicely for me. I also shoot it very well. May go back to carrying my 92G CC, also in a Milt Sparks VM2, but we will see. Carrying a full size gun with 20+1 and 20 more on the hip feels nice.
    That is a fair point. I should have said it is too heavy for me to carry, but then again I'm over 60 with a sore back. Others might not be bothered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    That is a fair point. I should have said it is too heavy for me to carry, but then again I'm over 60 with a sore back. Others might not be bothered at all.
    I totally get it. The Brig Tac is a big hunk a metal! I am 5'9", muscular build, and 32 years old. I guess at this point, I just like the gun and am willing to put up with the weight since my clothing this time of year conceals it well and Milt Sparks makes everything comfortable to carry. Still, since I am testing the Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag I installed in my 92G CC, I may switch back to that for carry once I am confident the gun is running 100% again. I shoot it just as well as the Brig Tac, the trigger feels great (got 400 rounds on it since the install), and it's a bit of a weight and size savings.
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I loved the brig

But MY LTTs ruined it for me.

Now It feels heavy, wide and sharp in places it shouldn’t be.
    I would love to pick up an LTT with carry bevel and really hope they consider doing a compact version. I would pick one of those up in a heartbeat!

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    I would love to pick up an LTT with carry bevel and really hope they consider doing a compact version. I would pick one of those up in a heartbeat!
    I’d grab a compact version for sure.

User Tag List