Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Brig Tac - would you buy it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    So If I had the $ right now Id buy another LTT Elite over all the other 92's and I have three of them.. LOL

Its just that much of a better gun IMHO.

Oh and Just FYI. we have holsters for them ready to go.
    You should probably just make me a really good deal on one of your "extra" 92's.

To the OP - for me, the BrigTac was a different beast compared to other 92's. It handles different, draws a little different, and recoils differently. Not better or worse just different. If consistency is important I would pass on the BrigTac. A back up of your CC or LTT would make more sense to me.
    Last edited by MGW; 01-30-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Move the rear sight.
    I did and it made it better, but still off center. I noticed that the front site is staked in off center and that may be the culprit. I'm hesitant to go hammering on the gun as I really don't want to bung it up. I guess I'll pack it up and arrange for Ernest to swap out the sights to the Spartans and do a trigger job while it is away from home.

I appreciate all the responses, looks like the general consensus is that the LTT I already have gets me everything I'm looking for. Guess I'll get the LTT sorted out and snag a 226 to play with. Thanks guys!

The price points on all these guns are pretty similar - within ~150 of one another.

The heavier slide appeals to some, but the vertec slide is pretty much sorted out. It wouldn't surprise me if the Brig Slide got dropped off the roster in a few years - with the intermediate sized slide, there just isn't much need for it.

After years of shooing all manner of 92's I can pretty much say that they all just feel the same to me... A better trigger and better sights means so much more, but, honestly, whatever. The proof is in the performance and I just haven't shot that much better/worse with a stock 92G.

If I were buying a new 92, I'd probably just pony up for an LTT and call it good.

... that said, since I've got all kinds of gear and crap, if I found a price worthy brig-slide gun, I'd buy it... But I'm a junkie, what can I say?

I owned two. The WC part of the experience left much to be desired. The BUSA part was amazing. The gun itself the part I disliked was the oversprung brigadier slide. The current M9A3 or LTT editions would be my pick today.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I've got a Brig Tac with 7 or 8 thousand rounds through it. After having carried one in the Marine Corps, I never thought I'd be interested in owning another Beretta. When Wilson Combat announced that they were collaborating on the Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical, I had to have one! I am really glad I made that purchase as the gun has been flawless ever since I bought it. I also remember the first time taking it to the range and being pleasantly surprised (not sure why it surprised me) that I was shooting it extremely accurately.

I am definitely going to pick up an Elite LTT in the future, and I really hope Langdon puts out a compact model, but I would still buy another Brig Tac or buy it again if I could go back in time.

I also owned The Wilson/Beretta 92G Centurion Tactical and for whatever reason didn't shoot it nearly as well as the Brig Tac or Compact Carry. I am not sure if it was just that one gun or if there is something about the Centurions that is just a bit off for me. I ended up trading that one away, but the Centurion models still appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I like Beretta pistols that are spiffed up.
    So do I. The Wilson's and these Langdon guns are super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    You might also consider the Wilson Combat CenTac. It's a different size 92 for variety, and mine is very nice. Not quite as nice as my 92G Elite LTT, and I don't like the sights as much, but it is a great gun. I can always change the sights to Wilson Combat's u-notch rear and FO front, one day.
    I may end up picking up another Centurion model sometime in the future as well. I prefer a square notch rear with a fiber optic front sight.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

I found the LTT to be a better shooter in my hands. No need to add a brig slide-ed gun in the mix and start over again with support equipment. I'd either get another LTT, or go Cent-tac and put a tjiab in it.

Re: hitting off center issue. . . At least its consistent, which means to me a sight adjustment or grip/grip size adjustment might do the trick. Swapping grip panels from thin to standard to slightly thick might make the difference. I've found that sometimes grips that "feel" subjectively better don't always provide better shooting results. At times what doesn't feel immediately intuitive puts the holes where they're supposed to go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    If I were buying a new 92, I'd probably just pony up for an LTT and call it good.

... that said, since I've got all kinds of gear and crap, if I found a price worthy brig-slide gun, I'd buy it... But I'm a junkie, what can I say?
    I grabbed the LTT and can't seem the shake the brig-tac so looks like I'm ordering one tomorrow. Something about Beretta that turns you into a junkie and makes you come back for more. I still have an o/u on my buy list...
    Last edited by fpnunes; 02-03-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I found the LTT to be a better shooter in my hands. No need to add a brig slide-ed gun in the mix and start over again with support equipment. I'd either get another LTT, or go Cent-tac and put a tjiab in it.

Re: hitting off center issue. . . At least its consistent, which means to me a sight adjustment or grip/grip size adjustment might do the trick. Swapping grip panels from thin to standard to slightly thick might make the difference. I've found that sometimes grips that "feel" subjectively better don't always provide better shooting results. At times what doesn't feel immediately intuitive puts the holes where they're supposed to go anyway.
    I tried a rental 92fs at the range yesterday with standard grips and a really so-so trigger pull just as a quick comparison. I was dead center with a great group so it is either the grips or the sight. I'm guessing a combo of both so easy to fix. I appreciate everyone's input.
    Last edited by fpnunes; 02-03-2019 at 06:44 PM.

This will be a bit convoluted, but hopefully it will make sense. I was one of those people who disparaged the Beretta from the day it was adopted as the M9, until last year. What changed my mind was handling (not shooting) a Wilson Combat Brigadier. The grip change completely altered the over-large feel in my hand, as well as the trigger reach. I hated, and still do hate the slide mounted safety. The G conversion solved that. Then I tried the trigger and I was sold. Smooth, very, very usable. I started researching the reviews, comments and details of the 92/M9 and the Wilson. I was then determined to get the Wilson, and/or a cheap used 92 that I could start modifying myself. I didn't get the Wilson, I bought the LTT instead, and I'm not disappointed. But I also got a used 92fs at a very good price and it is/will be an amalgam of the LTT and Wilson. I found a Vertec slide so I could change the sights. A very good deal from a member here on Trijicon M9A3 sights has finished that. I installed a G safety conversion and a Langdon trigger-job-in-a-bag. Wilson ultra-slim olive green grips for the feel and because I really love that color combination. I plan to send it to Wilson for checkering on the front and back straps and possibly remove the trigger guard hook. The latter is purely cosmetic. As is, the gun is much better than it was stock, but it's still not as good as the LTT when it comes to the slickness of the DA trigger pull. So it will go to Langdon to see if they can work their magic.

The functional difference in my mind between the Langdon LTT and the Wilson Brigadier is the Brigadier slide The rest is really cosmetic. I haven't shot the Brigadier so I can't comment on how it feels. I've read the same internet commentary that others have so I won't go there. But I have a Wilson trigger bar, Wilson springs, Wilson grips and I'll get Wilson frame work. So I guess that means I'll buy Wilson. After a lot of research.

Can anyone comment on impressions between the cen tac and the LTT?

Standard length 92's have always had a unique, wonky recoil impulse to me. Something ive found very hard to get used to so i'm immensely curious as to whether or not the shorter slide solves some of that sight "oscillation" that i experience with the 92 series of guns.

User Tag List