Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Brig Tac - would you buy it again?

Wilson Combat Brig Tac - would you buy it again?

For those of you who have purchased a Brig Tac would you buy it again? Anything that you don't like, or really do like? I know that any purchase is individualized and our needs, while similar, can vary wildly. I already have an LTT along with a PX4CC and wondering if a Brig Tac would be a nice addition to my pasta blaster collection.

The alternative is grabbing a Sig P226 legion (gasp!) that I seem to shoot better than the 92 series. As a lefty I seem to shoot any 92 series about 3" due right of center @ 10 yards pretty consistently. Great groups that are vertically fine, just to the right. Drives me batsh*t. Any insight is greatly appreciated folks.

Move the rear sight.

So If I had the $ right now Id buy another LTT Elite over all the other 92's and I have three of them.. LOL

Its just that much of a better gun IMHO.

Oh and Just FYI. we have holsters for them ready to go.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I own a Brig Tac, a Cen Tac and an LTT, all with action tune/trigger jobs. While I would have a really tough time picking one over the other, I can say that I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Brig Tac again. Absolutely love it, and while the LTT trigger is smoother the Brig Tac trigger is lighter and breaks in a better spot.
    I owned a tda P226 Legion and sold it after it became a safe queen after buying the Brig Tac. I still own a SAO P226 Legion and the Brig Tac SA trigger is better.

Hammertime
    I didn’t care for the Brig Tac and sold it. I definitely would not buy again unless it was for some sort of collection.

Nothing particularly wrong with it, I just didn’t care for the heavier slide and it did nothing a standard 92 won’t do for less.

I did like the Wilson thicker grips over the LTT ultrathin grips.

I have the Brig Tac with action tune and an LTT with Langdon trigger job and spartan sights.

Both are great pistols, but I give the edge to the LTT. I also prefer the thicker grips of the Wilson, however.

So, to answer your question - I would buy a Brig Tac again, even owning the LTT. I like Beretta pistols that are spiffed up.

Vending Machine Operator
    The Brig Tac is a very nice gun (have not owned, but have shot) but the LTT offers a better feature set as well as the input/expertise of probably the foremost Beretta 92 expert that doesn't work in Gardone Val Trompia. And I think it looks sexier. I'd go with the LTT today. No insult to the Brig Tac at all, it's just not the hottest 92 out there anymore.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

You might also consider the Wilson Combat CenTac. It's a different size 92 for variety, and mine is very nice. Not quite as nice as my 92G Elite LTT, and I don't like the sights as much, but it is a great gun. I can always change the sights to Wilson Combat's u-notch rear and FO front, one day.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

I have the Wilson BT (with the LTT TJIB) and the LTT (purchased with the trigger job and I added the thicker VZ grips). I am actually shooting the Wilson better for some reason. I want to like the LTT better and I really appreciate the beveled trigger guard on the LTT, but the Wilson trigger (especially double action) just “feels” better. However, my favorite is still my Elite II from back in the day… You can’t go wrong either way.

I have a Cent- Tac..would I buy again? NO...Frankly, I think LTT is offering a higher quality pistol, I'll probably keep the Cent-Tac, But, I think I'm done with Wilson Combat Beretta's, I just don't think they're worth the money...
    Last edited by ralph; 01-30-2019 at 11:22 AM.

User Tag List