Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 AR

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You're right. I hadn't even noticed that. Maybe it's new. Maybe the guy let his teenage daughter design it or something.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I find the improved machining details and better anodizing to be well worth the $35-50 premium for a Mega Arms receiver over an Aero.

They also sell upper and lower individually.

FWIW, Harrison Beene, the owner of AR-15 Performance, recommends Mega uppers by name as reliably producing the best accuracy with his barrels.
    If I'm not mistaken, Mega still does the receivers for quite a few others too. Zev obviously comes to mind, but I know Capitol Armory's lowers are Mega and Hodge's forged uppers and lowers are both Mega as well. I'll definitely agree with you on it being worth the money; my Hodge upper/CA lower fit one another very snugly and have a markedly improved finish compared to my old rattly Spike's Tactical rifle and both Aero lowers I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    What was the ammo? Excellent results!
    Just some old Prvi M193 spec 5.56. I shot some more groups yesterday to see if I could reproduce the results, more than a few of which were sub-MOA, but none were quite as good as the one posted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Mega still does the receivers for quite a few others too. Zev obviously comes to mind, but I know Capitol Armory's lowers are Mega and Hodge's forged uppers and lowers are both Mega as well. I'll definitely agree with you on it being worth the money; my Hodge upper/CA lower fit one another very snugly and have a markedly improved finish compared to my old rattly Spike's Tactical rifle and both Aero lowers I've had.

Just some old Prvi M193 spec 5.56. I shot some more groups yesterday to see if I could reproduce the results, more than a few of which were sub-MOA, but none were quite as good as the one posted.
    Zev purchased Mega about a year ago.

Mega and Aero both OEM for numerous others.

Site Supporter
    Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  62.6 KB

Mine is similar:

- 12.5'' BCM SBR
    - KAC Ambi-Magazine Release
    - LMT Ambi-Selector
    - Geissele SSA
    - Troy fixed rear BUIS
    - BCM Mod 3 grip, Gunfighter stock, and Mod 4 charging handle (I've considered an ambi charging handle, but I think if I do anything I need to install an A5 Kit with QD Extension plate, etc.).
    - Magpul MOE handguard with IWC TMC Scout Light Mount (Mount-N-Slot) with a Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 1 Long
    - Aimpoint H2 in a Scalar works mount

I'm not opposed to rails, but I installed a Troy VTAC 13'' rail on a 16'' BCM Midlength, and while I appreciated it. I spent an additional $300-400 for the rail, mounting, shaving the FSB, and installing a Troy fixed FSB and really could not appreciate the differences.

There's a youtuber out there Garand Thumb that indicated an A5 RE softened his recoil impulse, etc. and could potentially extend the life of his DD Mk18.

I'll ask here - is there any merit in that statement? He seems informed, educated, and unbiased.

Thinking also of Chuck P. asking about M4's being worn out in quick succession in a Primary and Secondary Modcast - I'm curious as well.

Given that the 12.5'' is my do-all rifle these days. I'm contemplating springing for an A5 RE especially if it gives meaningful durability to the rifle, adds a QD plate, and could potentially give a performance increase.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...ediate-shk.htm

What're the thoughts here? I thought about asking over on M4C, but since I'm already into a post here, and I respect the peer group - I figured I'd ask here.

ETA: Also, given the 12.5'' is a registered NFA item and I'm going to pretty much be stuck with it for life for all intensive purposes - I'd like to protect it the registered components (trigger pins / hammer pins).

I always wanted to try a Geissele trigger, and that Geissele trigger dates back to when I was in college - had about $180 and I needed something to fixate on in my last semester or so. I definitely think it's a great trigger, but was it worth $180? I'm not sure. I will not sell it, but I also probably won't purchase a trigger that expensive again. I'm going to just enjoy it for what it is. The new factory BCM triggers are great (and my latest lower came with one - this SBR did not) - I feel that's a great addition.
    Last edited by BWT; 02-04-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List