Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 AR

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My experience has been the things Aero makes themselves, like stripped lowers are good but they source their small parts and in my experience quality of those outside parts hasn’t been great. I would rather build out one of their stripped lowers with a known quality lower parts kit and buffer tube.
    Exactly what SLG told me awhile ago. Pointing out that they make quite a few companies lowers on contract.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My experience has been the things Aero makes themselves, like stripped lowers are good but they source their small parts and in my experience quality of those outside parts hasn’t been great. I would rather build out one of their stripped lowers with a known quality lower parts kit and buffer tube.
    I've only used their stripped uppers and lowers. People laugh when I tell them I buy BCM parts kits but they've always been high quality and the PCT NPT? or whatever trigger that comes with them is not a bad trigger. I used a cheap LPK once and nearly every component seemed off, and the trigger felt like having chunks of gravel in the tread of your shoe.

anyone know a reputable company that chops and pins breaks? Thinking of building a complete bcm carbine but want to change the rail I have on my rifle and chop/pin the muzzle device

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    anyone know a reputable company that chops and pins breaks? Thinking of building a complete bcm carbine but want to change the rail I have on my rifle and chop/pin the muzzle device
    ADCO Firearms does excellent work.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    ADCO Firearms does excellent work.
    Awesome, email sent. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Exactly what SLG told me awhile ago. Pointing out that they make quite a few companies lowers on contract.
    Ive built two. One with an older Spikes LPK and one with a SOLGW LPK.

SOLGW, BCM or Sionics would be my go tos right now for LPK.

There are so many options I can't even figure out what I like on AR's anymore. I currently own one, a cheap M&P MOE Mid, that does okay. I want to pass it on to my son and put something else together but no idea what direction I want to go.

I like mid-length gas systems but I've considered putting together a dedicated suppressed rifle. So for suppressed short seems to be the only way to go. But I don't want to pay for two different tax stamps. I also want to end up with a PCC so that opens up an entirely different set up problems.

I need a support group.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've only used their stripped uppers and lowers. People laugh when I tell them I buy BCM parts kits but they've always been high quality and the PCT NPT? or whatever trigger that comes with them is not a bad trigger. I used a cheap LPK once and nearly every component seemed off, and the trigger felt like having chunks of gravel in the tread of your shoe.
    Not sure who would laugh at a BCM LPK.

John Thomas at Retro Arms Works will always get my business over ADCO. Send him an email, he'll get back to you very quickly. There's at least one thread on him on m4carbine.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

John Thomas at Retro Arms Works will always get my business over ADCO. Send him an email, he'll get back to you very quickly. There's at least one thread on him on m4carbine.net.
    Had a bad experience with ADCO or just like the other dude better?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not sure who would laugh at a BCM LPK.
    The "just as good" crowd that think anything price higher than a PSA daily deal and you're "jUsT pAyInG fOr tHe nAmE".

User Tag List