Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI - medium cost 2-stage AR trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    I'm a fan of Geissele and use their SSA-E and G2S triggers, but I tried a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S on a budget build and like it a lot.
    They have reduced the price to $87 (with a couple week wait).

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/
    I have a Geissele G2S and I love it. Just received a Larue MBT-2s but haven’t installed it. I’ll report back. FYI it was 4 weeks from order to ship on the Larue but that was over the Christmas holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFI - medium cost 2-stage AR trigger?

I have a bunch of Geissle 2 stage triggers. The SSAE is the best IMO, but the G2S is ok. I like the Larue MBT quite a bit as well, and just ordered a second one.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-28-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

As mentioned above the Larue MBT is excellent.

I have a Larue MBT and if I needed another 2-stage, I'd buy another MBT. Geissele makes a great trigger, but the cost/benefit of the MBT is right on for my tastes.

Big fan of my SSA.

I like the ALG QMS and ACT triggers a lot for the money.

I run a Geissele SD-E in my precision rig, a SSA-E in my KAC SR-15, and G2S triggers in the rest with the exception of the ALG QMS in one.

For the $$ it's hard to beat the ALG QMS trigger, IMHO. I've read the same about the LaRue MBT trigger for a little bit more $$.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 01-28-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I finally took the plunge and bought a lower receiver; a Sionics "gutless" lower. Am undecided on trigger choices. For a GI type trigger, my choices would be
    BCM, AlG ACT, or Sionics.
    A trusted friend strongly suggests I look at the Geissele SSA trigger, but I thought I'd see what the hive mind had to say. Frankly, it's a bit dear, and I have some other gun stuff to cover this Winter & Spring. Not looking for a 3-gun or precision setup right now. Need not be adjustable either, other than spring swaps. What do you AR enthusiasts like?
    I have personal reasons to strongly dislike Mark LaRue, but his MBT trigger for $87 is unbeatable. Also, he hasn't sued any Marines, yet, so there's also that I guess.

The suing Marines thing whooshed overhead. Totally missed it.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!
    I now have much food for thought.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Ruger makes a pretty close copy of the Geissele G2S. I bought one a few years ago off eBay new for $79. I might not be quite as crisp as the G2 but it has been a good trigger especially for the price.

With that said, I have a G2 that's had so much use the trigger face is shiny. It is still as good as the day I installed it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Been very happy with my G2S that I put on my .308 gun. Have a SSA-E on my SPR and actually prefer the G2S. Planning on putting a G2S on my 5.56 gun once they go on sale and my available funds match. Also have a White Oak trigger in my Service Rile gun - its based on the old Rock River trigger which has received a lot of flack but mine has held up..

User Tag List