Thread: S&B 6.5 Creedmoor 140 FMJ BT "Tactical Ammunition"

Site Supporter

S&B 6.5 Creedmoor 140 FMJ BT "Tactical Ammunition"

Had a rifle range day today. Friend gave me some Sellier and Bellot 6.5 Creedmoor 140 grain FMJBT ammunition. I shot it through my Bergara HMR with VVPST 6-24x50 along with my usual practice load of Hornady American Gunner 6.5CM 140 BTHP. The S&B shot very well at 100 yards and I was able to successfully engage plates at 300 and 500 yards with it. It is cheap - goes for $12.99 per box and 60 cents per round if you buy 500 at Brownells (plus they are running free shipping and some other coupons). Initially I was going to buy it to shoot for practice and brass, but it shoots better than I expected.

The picture below, the S&B is the left target and the American Gunner is the right target - 100 yards, 5 rounds each. I am sure a better rifle shooter could tighten this up some more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you for sharing.

This ammo is a potential game changer for 6.5CM. When dcent quality ammo is only $.10/rd more than .308 it becomes a viable plinking round.

I had read earlier reports that this ammo had pressure issues but it looks like they have been sorted out.

S&B also makes a soft point load that is almost as cheap.

I've been shooting this ammo in a Ruger American with a Magpul stock. I'm seeing pretty consistent 1.5" groups at 100 yards. Works well for whacking steel at 500 which is as far as I've shot this particular rifle.

The brass seems good and should make decent reloads.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Cabela's puts the T/C Compass rifles on sale every fall at a sub $300 price point. I almost picked one up but could not decide between .308 and 6.5 CM. This might push me in the CM direction since I have no .308 rifles and have multiple 30/06 bolt guns and a Garand.
    I would like a rlfle with a little more oomph than 5.56 and easier on the shoulder and pocketbook than the '06.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 01-30-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    5 shot 100 yard group today through my custom 6.5 Creedmoor with the cheap S&B 140 FMJBT, I yanked the 5th shot as I was so happy with the first 4!

Name:  IMG_1541.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  43.1 KB
    Last edited by ranger; 05-05-2019 at 08:19 PM.

User Tag List