I was looking for a 3006 and ran across a great deal on a new Ruger M77 Hawkeye FTW edition 3006. Stainless with laminated wood stock but stock has a camouflaged coating. Comes with muzzle break. Adjustable length of pull. About 7.7 to 8 lbs without scope. I have another hunting rifle - Kimber Montana in 280AI that is my "lightweight" rifle". Goal for this Ruger is a rifle in 3006 as a do everything caliber and when I am not worried about carrying the rifle for XX miles per day (looking at you Wyoming trips). I used a Leupold VX3L 4.5-14x50 scope I had on hand with the supplied Ruger rings. Finally got a break in weather today and took the Ruger FTW to the range along with two sets of reloads with Nosler 155 Custom Competitions over IMR 4350 and H414. Rifle shot great and between the heavier rifle, the muzzle break, and the recoil pad - it was PLEASANT to shoot. (I also took my Tikka T3 3006 to rezero with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 scope as I "stole" the other Leupold off it for the new Ruger - I could definitely feel the difference in recoil with the T3 and same reloads). With my reloads, the Ruger shot about 1.25 inch groups on first outing - I want to try some other bullet weight and powder combinations to tune it in. I took the Ruger (and the Tikka) to the 300 yard range and had no issues hitting a 10 inch plate (used the CDS with the Ruger). I moved to the 500 yard range and the Ruger and the Tikka were able to consistently hit an 18 inch plate - no wind thank goodness. That was good day for me.

https://www.ruger.com/products/Hawke...er/models.html - note Ruger is no longer showing the 3006 so maybe that is why I got a great deal on mine.

Name:  Ruger3006.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  97.9 KB