Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm 1911

I have 4 of the Brownell's 10 round mags that I haven't had any issues with and I didn't have any problem seating a full mag on a forward slide. They are what I carry with the Colt. Also for what its worth, I haven't had any issue with the 6, 9 round Colt mags or the 2 CMC mags I have. The gun is a Colt Commander with a little over 3000 rounds through it.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have been eyeballing 9mm 1911s very hard. Ideally I'd like the Valor Commander from DW, but I've had a really, really good experience with my Colt Government in .45 and a Commander in 9mm is seriously about half the price of the DW. It's a pickle.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

They look a little goofy but I'm considering the Ruger lightweight Commander in 9mm. I like the features and it seems like most issues are fixed with a simple recoil spring swap.

My Colt Competition is gorgeous and fun to shoot but the badly fitted thumb safety and the lack of extractor tension out of the box seems to be a feature rather than a mistake.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

3) Don’t get into this 9mm 1911 game unless you are willing to spend money testing various mag, ammo, and springs. Take a hard look at a Sig P226 SAO Legion if you want an affordable 9mm full size gun with a SAO trigger that is likely to run out of the box.
    I really would like to get over my Sig irritation at some point, given that the 226 SAO Legion I shot a few months ago was flat out amazing. I did not care for the finish much, but the accuracy and trigger were both absolutely awesome.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I have been eyeballing 9mm 1911s very hard. Ideally I'd like the Valor Commander from DW, but I've had a really, really good experience with my Colt Government in .45 and a Commander in 9mm is seriously about half the price of the DW. It's a pickle.
    My Colt Commander 9mm runs great. The thumb safety on mine was perfect out of the box, but if you get one that doesn't have that clean "snick" on and off it's usually easy to remedy yourself. Mine is the all steel Combat Commander and it has a smooth front strap. The Lightweight Commander has a serrated front strap. The Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander and the Combat Elite Commander both have a checkered front strap.

This thread makes me sad. I recently put 200 rounds into a RIA TAC 9mm and it was amazing to shoot. No hiccups, but it was only 200 rounds. I was going to reach for a 9mm 1911 with my return and now, my hand is slowly backing away...

Aside from the aforementioned P226 SAO, any other alternatives where replacement parts are plentiful and the trigger is just as sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    This thread makes me sad. I recently put 200 rounds into a RIA TAC 9mm and it was amazing to shoot. No hiccups, but it was only 200 rounds. I was going to reach for a 9mm 1911 with my return and now, my hand is slowly backing away...

Aside from the aforementioned P226 SAO, any other alternatives where replacement parts are plentiful and the trigger is just as sweet?
    Tanfoglio and CZ both make 9mm pistols that, with some aftermarket tweaking, have single action triggers that rival custom 1911s.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

"Tanfoglio and CZ both make 9mm pistols that, with some aftermarket tweaking, have single action triggers that rival custom 1911s."

Indeed. Especially if that aftermarket tweaking is done with CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works parts, or better yet, with their parts by their gunsmiths.

75SP01, 75SP01 Shadow, 75D Compact (Pro-Tek 1), and 97B are exceptionally nice in my experience. If one pursues SA only conversions on those models that are appropriately configured to accommodate those modifications, it gets even better, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    Tanfoglio and CZ both make 9mm pistols that, with some aftermarket tweaking, have single action triggers that rival custom 1911s.
    I have had 2 sao Sigs. Their triggers did not feel as nice as the CZ sao pistols I have shot. And the grip did not as well. CZ is a fine choice if you are looking for a reliable 9mm sao that is not a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Trukinjp13;839580]I have had 2 sao Sigs. Their triggers did not feel as nice as the CZ sao pistols I have shot. And the grip did not as well. CZ is a fine choice if you are looking for a reliable 9mm sao that is not a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I have owned or shot CZs from both the Custom Shop and Cajun Gun Works. You can’t go wrong with either. I now have a Tanfoglio .38 Super with the full “Xtreme” trigger kit available from Ben Stoeger or Patriot Defense. There is not a better single action or double action trigger in my experience save for the most perfect of 1911 triggers. I’m currently in love with the Beretta Elite LTT not because the trigger is great, it’s OK,but because it just fits my hand better than either a CZ or my Tanfoglio.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

User Tag List