Thread: Charity that helps abused women and children...WITHOUT anti-gun slant

Charity that helps abused women and children...WITHOUT anti-gun slant

Hey guys. I have been trying to give to more charitable causes lately, and am spreading it around (childrens hospitals, animal shelters, vets, etc), and want to add one more sort of charity to the list. I would like to donate to a charity that supports abused spouses and children, whether a shelter, research, etc. But, I am having trouble finding one that isnt anti gun. I am as anti "known abuser having a gun" as anyone else, but dont want to support an obviously biased group with all guns=bad as a talking point.

Please, dont judge. I have very personal reasons for where I chose to donate to. If I cant find anything, I will find a legitimate, individual shelter in TX and donate.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Hey guys. I have been trying to give to more charitable causes lately, and am spreading it around (childrens hospitals, animal shelters, vets, etc), and want to add one more sort of charity to the list. I would like to donate to a charity that supports abused spouses and children, whether a shelter, research, etc. But, I am having trouble finding one that isnt anti gun. I am as anti "known abuser having a gun" as anyone else, but dont want to support an obviously biased group with all guns=bad as a talking point.

Please, dont judge. I have very personal reasons for where I chose to donate to. If I cant find anything, I will find a legitimate, individual shelter in TX and donate.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately I cannot help, but glad that you are giving charitably and that you are trying to be wise about the organizations that receive the gifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post

Thanks.
    Contact Shelly Hill at The Complete Combatant. She works with with a charity named Rachel’s (sp?) Rest.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    I would look around locally. If nothing else smaller organizations tend to squeeze more use out of a dollar than national organizations. I donate a percentage of my revenue from women's handgun classes to a local battered women's shelter and I'm sure they notice that small donation more than a larger place would.

Check locally, maybe with LE. There is a group here that shelters women/kids and is very low key. The only publicity, what little there is, is to get funds. The security for victims is like witness protection.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My sister is a hospital chaplain at one of the largest hospitals in Texas. If you wish, I can make inquiries.

And thank you for wanting to help, your kindness is appreciated.

Rachel’s Project (or “Rachel’s Vineyard” in some places) helps a lot of women who suffer from some of the after effects of abuse. They don’t have a position on firearms.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Here's the link to the charity I mentioned above:

https://rachealsrest.org/

"The Mingle" event features an auction for training classes from many names you will recognize as well as two days for training. This year I'm doing a classroom portion on Saturday, and Claude Werner is doing a range session on Sunday. The event benefits Racheal's Rest. I'd say they are comfortable with guns.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.juliancenter.org/

They don't pester you after you donate, although they will invite you to their annual ball. One nice thing is they release their tax documents on their website, and they have zero dollars toward political campaigning. They get a perfect 100 for transparency on charity navigator: https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ary&orgid=6931

Now, they are local to Indiana and aren't a nationwide service. If you want something closer to home, maybe sift through charity navigator and then do some research on the side for those that look interesting to you.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Wow, thanks for the great info, everyone!

User Tag List