Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What height is your front?
    It should be .165; not showing height on the Ameriglo site, but it looks to be the same height as all my other Ameriglo fronts.

What ammo are you using? 147 will hit higher than 124+P, but probably not 4" higher at 50 feet.

As a side note: I've come to believe that the idea that gen5 Glocks, or the 'slimline' 43X/48, require a taller front sight for some mechanical reason is pure internet mythology. I've asked four different Glock reps (including at a recent advanced armorer class), and none could explain why Glock is shipping guns with very tall front sights lately. My theory is that the mothership decided shooters mostly want to 'drive the dot' and/or use 147-grain ammo, and adjusted the front sight accordingly. There's nothing wrong with that, but.....if you're using 124+P and want the top of your front sight as POI at 25 yards, the new Glocks do it with .165 just like the older generations!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    It should be .165; not showing height on the Ameriglo site, but it looks to be the same height as all my other Ameriglo fronts.

What ammo are you using? 147 will hit higher than 124+P, but probably not 4" higher at 50 feet.

As a side note: I've come to believe that the idea that gen5 Glocks, or the 'slimline' 43X/48, require a taller front sight for some mechanical reason is pure internet mythology. I've asked four different Glock reps (including at a recent advanced armorer class), and none could explain why Glock is shipping guns with very tall front sights lately. My theory is that the mothership decided shooters mostly want to 'drive the dot' and/or use 147-grain ammo, and adjusted the front sight accordingly. There's nothing wrong with that, but.....if you're using 124+P and want the top of your front sight as POI at 25 yards, the new Glocks do it with .165 just like the older generations!

The left side of the Ameriglo front will have the height listed - mine shows “W65.” This is with my usual standard velocity but not bunny fart Lawman 124g range ammunition, which traditionally hits very close to my 124g Gold Dots. Interestingly, this same set hits to POA on my 43.

Good news - Ameriglo is starting the exchange process. I would edit my earlier post to reflect this, but the timer has expired.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Can anyone give some insights as to what is making my shots pull left and what to look for?

This is using Ameriglo Hackathorns with a 6 o’clock hold just below the B8 but more importantly, a lot of my shots with my Glock 48 pull left. I initially suspected it to be a sight issue but I shot it at 7 yards and they still pull left so I’m chalking it up to me.

Attachment 41616
    One thing I noticed when shooting the 48:
    Because the grip is thin, my desire to get good purchase on the grip with my support hand palm caused me to push inward with my palm, but the leverage do so comes from pulling with the fingers. With the really narrow grip of the 48, this was really apparent to me.

I think this is some of what causes me to shoot a Full size glock to the left, too, but much less pronounced.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Can anyone give some insights as to what is making my shots pull left and what to look for?

This is using Ameriglo Hackathorns with a 6 o’clock hold just below the B8 but more importantly, a lot of my shots with my Glock 48 pull left. I initially suspected it to be a sight issue but I shot it at 7 yards and they still pull left so I’m chalking it up to me.

Attachment 41616
    Might try more trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post

You sir are a spot on! I couldn't agree more and I could never figure out why Glock started shipping front sights that where too damn tall. I run the same Defoor sights on my Gen 5s that I've run on my Gen 2 through 4s and they shoot tip of sight poa/poi.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The left side of the Ameriglo front will have the height listed - mine shows “W65.” This is with my usual standard velocity but not bunny fart Lawman 124g range ammunition, which traditionally hits very close to my 124g Gold Dots. Interestingly, this same set hits to POA on my 43.

Good news - Ameriglo is starting the exchange process. I would edit my earlier post to reflect this, but the timer has expired.
    Ah, there it is: W65. Thanks, I didn't know that was on there.

Yep, our PD uses Lawman 124 as practice ammo for 124+P Gold Dot. It is indeed close; I think it hits just a hair higher (maybe 1/2-3/4"?), but well within minute of operator-applied slop, and not worth worrying about!

Attachment 41616
    I definitely saw that as well starting out with them. Keep at it. Could be differences of support hand or strong hand pressures, too much trigger finger, too little. It varies by individual. Just give it the work and you'll sort it out. These smaller guns are demanding of fundamentals (stolen from Kyle Defoor re the 43/43X).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

First cold shots yesterday morning. In this particular pistol bay 30 yards was all I could stretch to. 5 shots in 15 seconds.

Attachment 41755
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Update: been discussing these guns and their shooting with @Mike C and we're benchmarking performance. What are we giving up?

Here are some quick scores from a subset of Gabe’s standards today.

I packed to primarily work the 1911 and on the drive I realized I’d only thrown one box of 50 9mm in my bag.

So with a good bit less warmup than one gets in a Gabe class here we go. All shot from Open OWB so less math!

43X
    F2S – I shot four reps as a warm up before these two consecutive. Warm ups were a few ticks slower.
    1. 2.10 3 alphas
    2. 2.03 3 alphas
    Those are Light Pin scores I’m pretty sure. Checking on PF, yeah appear to be.

Two to the 3x5 Head – only fired one warm up rep 2.23 with A/B
    1. 2.10 2 alphas
    2. 2.13 2 alphas
    Light Pin scores also

Four Body Two Head – no warm up, only fired this one rep
    1. 3.62 with 5 alphas, 1 bravo
    That would be a Dark Pin score

Hence my firmly held belief I’m giving up next to nothing with the slimline 43X. (for ref I Dark Pinned in my Gabe class)

Glock 43X/48 Range reports

126 initial rounds through my new G43X today. Zero issues. Ejection strong and upward to the right. I'd replaced the stock front with a 0.185 Ameriglo Tritium/Orange front, and used the OEM plastic rear but sharpied black. Ammo was a mix of mostly AE9DP and Federal HST 147. Shot a 25 yard B8 for a 63-1X. Did 10 rounds slow fire on a B8 for a 94-0X. A highlight (for me anyway) was cleaning FYL at 3 yards, the elusive 1" box was dispatched (ok it was 9' but still; for me, with a new gun, I thought was good.) A repeat at 5 yards yielded 9/10.

I like this little gun.

Last edited by RJ; 09-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.

User Tag List