Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    When I trained with Gabe this Spring we discussed that and he very strongly prefers the 48. I need to put more time in on the 48 to see if it grows on me. The crazy thing; crazy to me anyway, is I'm finding less and less use for and attraction to my standard frame models.
    I had a interesting conversation with a friend the other day. He is a 1911 guy. I was talking about the 43x/48 and how I may end up going to one for carry while riding my bike. He starts telling me how they suck because of limited capacity. I’m like, bro did you just say that? You carry a 1911? To me this is a damn good option if you are a 1911 guy or someone who needs a thin carry gun. I have enjoyed reading your comparisons and how good you do with the single stacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wide, fleshy palms and am noticing something with my new 48. The rear corner of the mag baseplates is digging into my hand. Has anyone else experienced this? Some gentle recontouring of the baseplates may be in order...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I had a interesting conversation with a friend the other day. He is a 1911 guy. I was talking about the 43x/48 and how I may end up going to one for carry while riding my bike. He starts telling me how they suck because of limited capacity. I’m like, bro did you just say that? You carry a 1911? To me this is a damn good option if you are a 1911 guy or someone who needs a thin carry gun. I have enjoyed reading your comparisons and how good you do with the single stacks.

That makes about zero sense. I’m a 1911 guy too, although I’m also very fond of my Glocks and Berettas. I’ve got a 48 that I’m having a bit of grip work done to that I should have early this coming week. I plan on carrying it quite a lot, especially during summer months. To carry a 1911 then complain about a Glock 48’s capacity makes no sense at all.

Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

After only 2 visits with my 48, I’m tempted to sell my 19 to fund a second 48 or 43X. I’m in a van state so I’d lose no capacity but I’d lose the light. I also have small hands so the 48 fits me so well.

I had my first chance to shoot a 48 on Friday. I’m pretty impressed. It shoots a lot more like a 19 than I thought it would; maybe a little more recoil but very controllable. I think it was “softer” shooting than my Shield. The grip is very thin and I wish it had a little more texture for my left palm, as I would loose my support grip after a few shots. Of course that could also be partially attributed to being in and indoor bay and shooting pretty slow for accuracy so I wasn't really gripping continually and vigorously the way I should be for optimal control.

Being able to pick one of these up with factory Ameriglos, and have a very viable “everything but he apocalypse” gun for most people is pretty enticing.

Now, it would really kick ass if it was just a hair thicker and held 15 rounds
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 08-18-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    After only 2 visits with my 48, I’m tempted to sell my 19 to fund a second 48 or 43X. I’m in a van state so I’d lose no capacity but I’d lose the light. I also have small hands so the 48 fits me so well.
    Perhaps go with a non rail mounted light?

http://products.crimsontrace.com/las...1%3alightguard

It seems GLOCK is making a 48 with a rail. Just not yet available in the US. Perhaps wait on the second 48 till available?

48R may be a nice thing. It’s either that or I settle with no rails.

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Well, crap.

I ordered the Ameriglo GL-436 Hacks the same time I ordered the 48, so they were on hand for a few weeks before the gun arrived. I even called Ameriglo to confirm this was the correct set for the 48. Well, they shoot 4” high at 50’ whereas the factory sights were properly regulated.

Ameriglo isn’t being very helpful, so this morning I dug the 48 box out and measured the front sight. Sure enough, the factory front is 0.200 and the Ameriglo 0.165.

They don’t seem to want to exchange the sight, even though I contacted them to confirm fit before purchase. (I didn’t buy them direct.) The rep advised me in an email that was intentional, but then I found the front sight difference from stock.

I use their stuff on almost every gun I own, with at least a dozen sets in use right now. If they don’t work with me on this, I’m going to be pretty pissed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Ameriglo GL-450 hits to POA (top of the front sight) with 124+P on my G48, and the GL-436 looks to be the same height -- should work...
    What height is your front?
    Ken

Can anyone give some insights as to what is making my shots pull left and what to look for?

This is using Ameriglo Hackathorns with a 6 o’clock hold just below the B8 but more importantly, a lot of my shots with my Glock 48 pull left. I initially suspected it to be a sight issue but I shot it at 7 yards and they still pull left so I’m chalking it up to me.

Name:  4EA539E6-0C51-481A-ABD3-4BAADE8489DA.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  41.2 KB

User Tag List